CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc…
Viewing Topic: What do you guys think of these rods?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Red Shark

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: What do you guys think of these rods? Reply with quote

Hello, I am basically going through a new rod weekly (can't seem to find the right rod). I've basically gone through 3 Ugly Stik combos, and I now I may have possibly found one that I like. It's their Tiger Rods. I'm not sure how well they would perform on freshwater if I cast out lighter lures, but I do know that it will work great when I go saltwater fishing. One of them is a bait casting and the other one is a spinning one. I am thinking about trying out a bait casting rod/reel so I may decide to select that one.

These are the rods I have found:

http://www.tackledirect.com/shakespeare-bwc-2201-2-270-ugly-stik-tiger-rod-casting.html

http://www.tackledirect.com/shakespeare-bws-2201-2-70-ugly-stik-tiger-rod-spinning.html

Also could you guys recommend a good reel to match with the rods that I have found? Thanks!
SmOoTh OpErAtOr !!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do u want it for fresh water or salt? I have regular ugly sticks and ugly stick pros! Ok rods for the money! Their ok for ultra beginners or heavy action use like stripers !!! Don't waste your money !!! Just get something good othere wise you'll have a closet full of ugly sticks in a couple of years that u never use like me !! The cheapest rod I would get is a cabelas mag touch !!! Only 100$ and definitely Worth every penny !!! Almost as good as my loomis rods !!! For a quarter the price!! Or I like the daiwa saltist for heavier salt water action their about the same price as the ugly stick , but way better build !

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I plan to do a bit of both. I was mainly doing freshwater fishing with my previous rods, however now I plan on going fishing at the Long Island Sound so I will need a saltwater rod. But I will still do freshwater fishing.

I'm just not sure whether I should go with baitcasting or a spinning reel this time. I want to try baitcasting, but it seems a bit complex than the spinning reels and I'm not sure how well it would perform around freshwater places.
Red Shark

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the rod today at Sports Authority. Got an excellent deal as it was 50% off! Very Happy

But now I need a matching reel to go with it. It's a spinning rod since they didn't have the baitcasting rod there. Any suggestions on a good saltwater reel to go with it? I am looking to put on 20 lb mono line on it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc… All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: