CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Offshore Fishing
Viewing Topic: What line to use?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanfromTrumbull

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:52 am    Post subject: What line to use? Reply with quote

I just started getting into fishing for stripers and blues last year, don't know what took so long. I was using 30lb floro-carbon line and had several fish break off, infact never landed anything larger than a 10lb. blue. I was thinking about switching up up 50lb. braid this year is this a good choice?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use 30lb power pro for blues and stripers. I don't like power pro for fresh water but it is fine for salt and it is cheaper than some of the higher end braids. I use 9" steal leaders for blues as they can bite through line pretty easy. Personally, I wouldn't use floro for blues or stripers as they will bite just about anything.

Justin
RyanfromTrumbull

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah the floro was no good last year. The other question I had was about weight, my boys were using 3oz. all year when casting off of jetties and such, but that is too heavy for the 7' med action ugly stick that i build a few years ago, are 1oz. enough.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Offshore Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: