CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Whats Tyler looking like?how about west side pond?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bumbala357

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:40 pm    Post subject: Whats Tyler looking like?how about west side pond? Reply with quote

Looking for Ice info for tyler and west side pond has it stayed cold enough there to keep the ice decent? last time up that way Ice was about 10" how is it now dont want to stand in 2" of water..Thanks for any info.Just want to Fish!!!
fishinschmoe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats Up Bro.

HAvent been on Tyler, but fished Coventry Lk before the thaw, then again yesterday. It was wet and sloppy on top, but still had 8 in or better of rock solid black ice under neath.

Tread cautiously, and stay AWAY from any inlets/outlets , as they are surely moving extra water, wrecking the ice in the vacinity. But Those lakes/ponds that had good ice, pretty much still have it.
bumbala357

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishinschmoe wrote:
Whats Up Bro.

HAvent been on Tyler, but fished Coventry Lk before the thaw, then again yesterday. It was wet and sloppy on top, but still had 8 in or better of rock solid black ice under neath.

Tread cautiously, and stay AWAY from any inlets/outlets , as they are surely moving extra water, wrecking the ice in the vacinity. But Those lakes/ponds that had good ice, pretty much still have it.
Thanks for the input I know Tyler had a good 10" around New years as I was there and it has been pretty cold up till now so im sure the ice is o.k. snow there today rain here on the coast.I guess i will head up that way tomorrow and it is what it is.
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

What with the 6 to 10 inches of ice on most waters up here in the NW corner its going to take a lot more than this Mid-January thaw to melt that amount of ice.

As long as it stays in the 30's and drops below freezing at night then the ice will be FINE!

We still have to get thru Feb. and will get more cold Wx.
Unless that rodent in Paxutany, Pa sees his shadow on 2 Feb. 2010 Exclamation
I hear they taste like Chicken Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation LOL Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Best regards,
SeaDog1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: