CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Site Suggestions, Enhancements, and Troubles Resolved
Viewing Topic: "Where Are You Headed"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phish

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:25 am    Post subject: "Where Are You Headed" Reply with quote

How about a "Where are you headed" tab? Sure I realize that a lot of people don't want a bunch of boats showing up when they're going fish, but then again, you don't have to post! I was just thinking for those of us that would like to see fellow ctfishtalkers out there that we could have a tab where we can post our plans. I think it'd be great to see you guys back at the ramp and share stories about what worked or didn't work. Who knows...maybe some spontaneous big fish bragging rights derbies will happen. Anyway...just a thought. Doesn't really go under "fishing partners" because I'm not really talking about open seats every time...more about meeting up to go fishing.

So, in the name of starting this thing...

I'll be at Rainbow Reservoir from about 5PM to dark tonight and at Highland all day tomorrow. Red/White Ranger Reata/Ford Expedition. I'll be a pleasure boater in the afternoon for a while with the family at Highland, but the morning will be all about pescatorial pursuits.

Jed
Nickp

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea jed.

Ive met up with mark a few times and taken serperate boats. We got on a good jerkbait bite at lower moodus thanks to both trying different methods and different areas- then we went to the "spot" and both smoked um on jerks.
Phish

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly what I'm talking about. It can lead to all sorts of learning and working together.
slimecoat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this idea Phish, I hope I can meet up at some of these locations.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hitting Beseck tomorrow. I post a report tomorrow
Old Mud

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea Jed, I'm headed to Brewster now to fish till Sunday or Monday. Probably on PHB (Peaked Hill Bar) around the corner from P Town. SWC (South West Corner Stellwagen) and points East. Fishpimp C/H 65 Very Happy

All that truly matters in the end is that you LOVED !!!!
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously I love this idea but the thread seems to have fizzled last August. How do we go about getting a topic like this added to a section with more traffic?

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
Old Mud

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kira, maybe if You ask someone will pay attention !! Mr. Green

TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old Mud wrote:
Kira, maybe if You ask someone will pay attention !! Mr. Green

I assume there are moderators who have read this thread...after all, it's posted in the "Site Suggestions Forum." Makes no sense to make suggestions if no one is going to see them or consider them.

Also, good Morning, Old Mud!

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
BASSINJAYCT

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I THINK IT IS A GREAT IDEA LETS GET IT GOING
regl
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I guess I will respond to this. I agree that it is a good idea, but I don't think I am going to create a specific forum for it. I feel that this would just as easily fit in to the more specific forums like lake, river etc. I feel that if we had this, we would have people use it to show where they are going, but then post their reports in the same topic. This would conflict with the forums design and purpose, to provide accurate information to all visitors as efficiently as possible.

Reggie
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

regl wrote:
Hello,

I guess I will respond to this. I agree that it is a good idea, but I don't think I am going to create a specific forum for it. I feel that this would just as easily fit in to the more specific forums like lake, river etc. I feel that if we had this, we would have people use it to show where they are going, but then post their reports in the same topic. This would conflict with the forums design and purpose, to provide accurate information to all visitors as efficiently as possible.

Reggie

Thanks for the reply Reggie. Posting in the lake & river threads is fine if you know where you're headed, but if someone else is free and headed somewhere else, I might change my plans. How about renaming the "Fishing Partners" forum? Seems like I'm the only one starting posts there, and it's impossible to find someone to fish with.

DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you just put a sticky thread under the fishing partner's section and everyone who wanted to could post there. I agree it doesn't need its own forum section.
regl
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind dual purposing the fishing partners forum, that has actually been leaning toward the chopping block anyhow. How should we title it?
Old Mud

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

regl wrote:
I don't mind dual purposing the fishing partners forum, that has actually been leaning toward the chopping block anyhow. How should we title it?

????? The fishing partners thread is about to be Axed ???? I have fished mostly alone for many years.. have had a lot of mates but usually wear them out because of the hours i stay out and the weather i fish in. besides not everyone likes offshore. Shocked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Site Suggestions, Enhancements, and Troubles Resolved All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: