CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Fishing
Viewing Topic: Where The Fish Go?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
knowfish

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:37 am    Post subject: Where The Fish Go? Reply with quote

Although the Salmon River TMA was recently stocked fishing has been VERY slow, at least in the fly section. Everyone is asking "where'd the fish go? The water is awfully low and this could be a factor. Maybe todays rain will activate some fish.
angry john

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was there this week and got nothing to. The park ranger said stocking would be this next week as well as day pond. Dont know if he is right or you got bad gouge but thats what he told me. I had my 4 year old son in tow so i dont think he would pull my chain.
fishfinder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kind of like this Spring, I went out opening day and many days after and couldnt catch a trout in the Naugy to save my life, lots of small mouth though.

and standing on the shore like an idiot!
knowfish

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John : I doubt my info on the stocking was faulty as it came from a guy who helps out stock the trout. He also fishes the river nearly daily. It could be there will be two Fall stockings. I'm not sure who the park ranger is that you refer to but the Warden who is in charge in that district is Larry Goulet. Larry usually supervises trout stockings but I know he wasn't present at the most recent stocking I refer to. I'll see if I can clarify whats going on ,with him.
knowfish

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked with the warden and he said there was a stocking on or about Sept 20 or 21st. He wasn't present for that. He also made a small stocking on this past friday in the fly section and by the covered bridge. Just a few nets of fish in each area.Lets hope this additonal water activates the fish.
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just at Salmon River and Day Pond today; nothing except 2 sunnies by one of the guys in our group (Salmon TMA). About 6-7 other people there too, didn't see them pull anything in either.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: