CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » New Member Section
Viewing Topic: Why do I suck?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
limeymotors

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Why do I suck? Reply with quote

I cant catch fish. last summer I was doing well lots of bass and a few striper from the sound. But from October until now all I have caught is one trout from Mt. Tom and I snaged it in the side with a spoon so it never realy "took" my lure. I'm not counting the bullhead and perch I got from Champlain. Im getting even more frustrated because seems everyone eles is pulling them in like crazy. GRRRRRR.... - Duncan

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try going to some small ponds in your area and throw soft plastics. You will catch some fish.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So,how have you been doing now?Catching fish again?

Leeway and elbow room.There's plenty of water to fish!

avidanglingadventures.blogspot.com

"If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life,there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."
angry john

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

with all the fronts passing your timing needs to be good. The moving baits are off right now for me and working weightless plastics like the zoom fluke and tubes is where the action is right now! There has been a few days where top water was the only way, but that was over a week ago for me.
ChaoSki

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had VERY minimal success with plastic/fake lures.....actually I haven't caught fish on it yet.

Texas rig warms were succesul ONCE. Mind you I don't fish a lot.

This year, I'm resorting to home made bait/real worms. So far, success with Corn/Carp.

On Sat we caught 5 in about 1 hour. 2 were HUGE and put up a great fight. One was about 30-36" and the other almost 4 feet!

I'm finding Carp fishing to be way more relaxing and successful......and fun. Man, those fish put up good fight.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> New Member Section All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: