CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Winchester Lake 8/26/16 and Nell's rock
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coastieyaker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:38 pm    Post subject: Winchester Lake 8/26/16 and Nell's rock Reply with quote

I yakfished Winchester from 930 to 230 today. When I got on the water there was a very strong breeze, which was hard to avoid throughout the day.

The water was fairly clear and temps were around 85. There were 3 to 4 kayakers along with 2 boats.

Being that it was my first time there, I had researched the lake and read that it is very shallow along with having a countless number of tree stumps, which was a result of a naugatuck river project many years ago.

Unfortunately, I had forgotten my anchor in my truck so I was very much at the mercy of the wind, but I managed to catch a total of 4 lmb on yum dingers and senkos.

I found the lake to be very relaxing and would love to see it on a calm day.

On the way home, I passed by Stillwater pond and was tempted to check it out. However I kept driving and ultimately wound up at Nell's rock in Shelton. I was there for 1.5 hrs, but managed to catch 4 lmb, 2 of which were the largest of the day.

All in all a nice day
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: