CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Fishing
Viewing Topic: Winchester Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bass Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:59 pm    Post subject: Winchester Reply with quote

Thinking about hitting Winchester for some Pike this weekend. Anybody have any info on Winchester? ive never been there, thanks..
On twenty-pound test "
flippy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bass Sniper to Pike Piper Rolling Eyes
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bass Sniper!

Winchester -> Forget it -> Open water Exclamation
Same with Highland!
You would need a boat to get out to what ice is left at either!
That's it for the NW corner -> IT'S ALL OVER till next season Exclamation

SeaDog1
Bass Sniper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im leaving right now to head out there in my canoe, thanks for the look out though, ill let you guys know how i did.
On twenty-pound test "
BassGetHooked

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good luck sniper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sooooooooooooooo......I got up real early was on the road by 6 on my way to Winchester Lake(from west haven), very very excited. had the canoe on top of the car, bunch of new Pike rigs all set up, smell of coffee in the car, allman brothers on the radio....Then I got to Winchester Lake....and there is 15 inches of ice on it.....to be honest, maybe i should have investigated it better myself, but GOOD CALL SEA DOG!!!!! I walked out onto the ice talked to some of the guys fishing, had mentioned I even checked on the forum this morning to see what people said, no sooner did i say that when one of the gentlemen says "what forum/, let me guess Sea Dog told you Winchester was open?" I kid you not! Also, the guy who runs the bait shop up there apparently has a beef with Sea Dog cuz he keeps telling everybody there is no ice(this is what im told)......I have some choice words but I will leave it at that, being I really like this forum and the people on it.....On a related note, PLEASE STOP SENDING MONEY TO HAITI, THE TOWN OF WINCHESTER NEEDS IT WORSE! What a craphole of a town! They definately need new roads and some street signs....Im pretty pist now, im gonna go find somewhere to fish.......
On twenty-pound test "
billybass

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nothing worse then getting all pumped up for nothing
should have kept a couple tip ups in the trunk...15 inches ...WOW
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi BS and BB!

Well before you both go ballistic on me!

While at the Rt. 8 bait shop, 3 days ago, and chit chating with some fishermen about ice, ......It was CONFIRMED that "There Is Open Water" at Colebrook, Hogback, Stillwater, and Highland. (Which I saw)
I was told that there was some open water also at Winchester by 2 reliable sources.

("Per my own post!" -> I said that you would need PLANKS or a BOAT to reach what ice may still be left at particular waters.
PLANKS -> Didn't I say PLANKS -> That means there is still ice on waters and not full open water to paddle or run a boat in.
NOTE: This is not rocket science people.)

OBVIOUSLY I was - "LIED TO" - and can only assume that they wanted to keep that info, secret to themselves for selfish reasons because IT'S LAST ICE!

"My apology" for passing on that erronous information Exclamation

I won't be trusting those 2 fishermen I spoke to for info EVER again Exclamation
..............................(I CAN NOT ABIDE LIARS Exclamation ).........................

ALSO Exclamation I'm being made to look like the Fall Guy here!
TO SAY I'M ANGRY ABOUT THIS IS AN UNDERSTATMENT Exclamation Exclamation
I'M ROYALY PI$$ OFF Exclamation
..(NOTE: In all my previous posts on this forum -> Have I EVER intentionally given out bad advise or information?.........ANSWER IS .... NO Exclamation )

Ask yourselves THIS!
WHY DIDN'T the guys you saw and spoke to at Winchester make a post stating the fact that there was still decent ice there and let everyone know:?:
HMMMMMM Question Are you starting to smell a SKUNK Exclamation ........ I sure DO Exclamation

Oh! On a final note BS -> That comment you made about Winchester being a crap hole -> LOOK AROUND YOUR OWN BACKYARD Exclamation before you make such a JUDGEMENTAL or DEROGATORY statement Exclamation
I'll be expecting an apology from you Exclamation
Can you MAN-UP to it Question

Well better fishing ahead!
Best regards,
SeaDog1

Last edited by SeaDog1 on Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ALL!

Well I took a drive up to Winchester Lake today to see if I had been LIED TO!
YES I WAS!
AND as I suspected the 2 parking lots were filled with cars and trucks Exclamation

Just proves the fact that what I said IS TRUE!, and that some ice fisherman will LIE to keep decent LAST ICE a secret.

It's going to be very hard for me to trust certain ice fishermen EVER again Exclamation

So very very SAD to see and hear this happening!

Some Ice Fishermen are getting to be more like Politicians -> Can't trust them to say anything TRUTHFUL Exclamation

On the way home, I stopped by Burr -> Fellow went thru the ice up to his waist.
Got out OK! and I gave him the last 2 big draws of my Polish Blackberry Brandi.
He needed it more than me.

Oh! And I did stop by West Hill also -> Open water edge and broken ice at the boat ramp with a number of open water holes around the boat launch cove area.

Best regards,
SeaDog1
Bass Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if your wishing id appologize for anything, you can wish in one hand and shit in the other and see which one gets filled first.....The same fisherman who guessed that it was you that said there was open water on Winchester also said you were booted from the iceshanty forum for being an @$$hole....Do me a favor and dont reply to any of my posts, thanks.
On twenty-pound test "
pdcrack

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ib4 lock.

lolz
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"if your wishing id appologize for anything, you can wish in one hand and shit in the other and see which one gets filled first....."

that is seriously the funniest thing I have ever read on this forum. Well done sir Laughing

Justin
slimecoat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That line is from the movie "Grumpy Old Men". It's a classic that I use all the time, just ask Justin Tralli.

Bass sniper, Silver Lake in Meridan is fully open, I repeat fully open. You will need a boat to be able to walk on water there. As for the fishing, I can't give you an accurate report as I did not fish it the way I would have fished it if I were in a tournament. I had my little guy with me, so I was catering to him more than anything.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats exactly where thats from, great movie....Thanks slime, i almost went there yesterday after my Winchester debauchle but was so pist I just got back in bed. I will be hitting Silver prob this weekend though, even in the rain. Funny sidenote, they are talking about my whole situation on iceshanty, its funny.
On twenty-pound test "
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BS, I was going to hit Pickerall lake on Sunday. Luckily I didn't as a coworker told me the lake is still frozen with only the edges open. I would have sofa king pissed had I went out there. Sorry to hear about your trip, but you did make me laugh and you have an awesome story to tell. Kind of reminds me of Vacation when Waly world was closed Laughing

Justin
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: