CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Boat Repair, Electronics, and Motor Help
Viewing Topic: Windshield?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fisherman100

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:01 am    Post subject: Windshield? Reply with quote

Hey guys, I was wondering if I should try to make a plexyglass windshield for my boat, for when it is really windy out and the waves are constantly spraying me in the face reducing my ability to see clearly, I wore sunglasses, they got blown off my face and or the water went right over them, I was thinking of getting plywood and screwing it into the mid seating(aluminum) and making it a L shape and bolting the plexyglass glass on and adding support with wood or metal so it wouldn't flex, it would help a lot more to put my electronics on it also( my radio, fishfinder and my compass) so they won't get stepped on or wet as easy, wondering how thick the plexyglass should be, and anywhere to get me a chef icom radio antenna for my mounted,
Facebook.com/LorenzoNReyes
PECo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: Windshield? Reply with quote

Fisherman100 wrote:
Hey guys, I was wondering if I should try to make a plexyglass windshield for my boat, for when it is really windy out and the waves are constantly spraying me in the face reducing my ability to see clearly, I wore sunglasses, they got blown off my face and or the water went right over them, I was thinking of getting plywood and screwing it into the mid seating(aluminum) and making it a L shape and bolting the plexyglass glass on and adding support with wood or metal so it wouldn't flex, it would help a lot more to put my electronics on it also( my radio, fishfinder and my compass) so they won't get stepped on or wet as easy, wondering how thick the plexyglass should be, and anywhere to get me a chef icom radio antenna for my mounted,

There are some old posts on here that talk about heating and bending acrylic sheeting for windshields. As I recall, it didn't sound too hard to do. Putting a bend or two into yours would make it a lot more rigid. Remember, Google is your friend.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Boat Repair, Electronics, and Motor Help All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: