CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Out of State Reports
Viewing Topic: Winni or Squam?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slimecoat

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 12:13 pm    Post subject: Winni or Squam? Reply with quote

Has anybody fished for smallmouth at either Winni or squam in N.H. in the last week?

Pointing dog and I are heading up there the 18th to the 21st of May. Were wondering if the smallies are on beds or if they are still prespawn?

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slimecoat,
check this out
http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7648

As you can tell....most of the locals don't like seeing us take fish off the beds. I am going up on June 6th thru the 10th. I have been going up there for a few years now. I haven't seen a decline in the amount of fish. There are so many fish and beds as you know. I have never seen guys rushing to a specific spot to catch fish. After day one of catching 100 or so it gets to be pretty boring. We look for the largies then and go early morning for top water action.

I go with 6 other guys and two other boats. We never see each other fishing. Plenty of space and its a great place to run your boat. Just have to be aware of the buoys.
hoppy

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i fished little and big squam last year for the first time. the place is a smallie factory. little squam produced some bigger fish for me and was ALOT more manageable as it is tiny to big squam.
big squam was just loaded with smallies. every reef, point, drop off just loaded. its just rediculous when you loose a fish let it drop down and hookup almost instantly. big squam is hard to navigate and a map is a must!!!! so many spots to fish it is silly. rattlesnake cove has some good largemouth in it. caught a bunch in the 3 to 5lb class. other then that its pretty much lock and load for smallies. if your Dropshotting bring extra bait. i was catching so many fish i was going through baits very fast.
slimecoat

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Hoppy, I didn't see your reply until after our trip. We crushed them at every lake we went to, Squam, Osipee, and Winona. The smallies were all up locked on beds, and largies just starting to make beds, with plenty of cruisers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Out of State Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: