CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: Winning a boat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flippy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:22 am    Post subject: Winning a boat Reply with quote

Has anybody on this sight ever won a boat in a tourny??
pdcrack

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not from fishing....
poker ftw Wink

im Kleberson13, took first this tourney, its my biggest online cash, ive made a couple bigger live cashes in Atlantic City.

I dont think my parents/family know the extent of my poker successes, and I know some of them occasionally visit this site, so w/e if they see this then i guess the secrets out.

Below are my online tournament stats:
http://www.officialpokerrankings.com/fulltiltpoker/Kleberson13/poker/results/20E171FC9C60462DB417B633849A14F3.html?t=2
Note that these are only tournaments and not cash games, nor does it track my live successes which have been absolutely awesome the last 2 years.

K im done bragging now Smile

Whos won one for a FISHING tournament?? Cool
flippy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW , You should go bigger!!!you must have the poker face. Somebody told me that a person on this sight (no names) won a boat in a tourny, frankly the more I see this guy post, the more full of it I think he is, I was waiting for him to reply, but figures, hes a BSer, He was at a little tourny telling people how he won a boat. I was just wondering what he did with the boat? was it a small boat? And if he won a boat why is he still in his late 90s boat?

Last edited by flippy on Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Bass Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won a hat in a pie eating contest once....true story
On twenty-pound test "
flippy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see that Sniper, hey is that a picture of a trout you caught last saturday?? I won a Lifetime membership to BASS in a raffle.

Last edited by flippy on Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bass Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats from opening day...
On twenty-pound test "
pdcrack

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flippy wrote:
WOW , You should go bigger!!!you must have the poker face. Somebody told me that a person on this sight (no names) won a boat in a tourny, frankly the more I see this guy post, the more full of it I think he is, I was waiting for him to reply, but figures, hes a BSer, He was at a little tourny telling people how he won a boat.

hahah. Its one thing to talk, but the hard evidence is always more reliable. Im going to be putting a boat on Lake Eerie sometime in the next few years with some of my poker monies.

As for playing bigger, I considered doing it for a living for a while, I just dont think my family could live with it. Im going to continue as a hobby and if I make more than my 9-5 job for the first 2 years I will probably go pro and live in AC or Vegas with a buddy of mine who recently decided to go pro. It would be cool i guess, but its a tough lifestyle, and not for everyone.
flippy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats big money, How are the entry fees? like for an amature? And how much a Pro?
pdcrack

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flippy wrote:
Thats big money, How are the entry fees? like for an amature? And how much a Pro?

Doesnt really work like that flip.
Anyone can enter into any tournament, regardless of the size of the buyin. The only thing that determines a "pro" from an "amateur" is if they play for a living or if they have another job. Most pros travel depending on where the biggest/best tournaments are during that time of the year. Amateurs usually play at the same place on weekends and such.

Biggest buyin tournament game I have played is ~$600 which was a WSOP Circuit Event at Harrahs, biggest cash game I have played ~$2.5k. I am a firm believer in bankroll management and only play games in which I have 20 buyins for, sometimes I will take a shot at a larger game, but very seldom.

Would be cool to be pro, but i think ill be an amateur for good. Time will tell i guess.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: