CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Yeah now,...6 x 6.5!!! Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Just4fun

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Yeah now,...6 x 6.5!!! Reply with quote

Been catching fish since Friday, but not much size,...so I decided that I'd hit Cedar on my last day of vacation and try to wrap it up on a good note! Was on the water about 6:45 and fished till 9:00. Outside of a few casts early with a buzzbait and a few casts later with a swimbait, I pretty much stuck to the jig and pig since that's what they seemed to want!
Anyway,..ended up with 6 bass, the smallest of which was 2.0!Very Happy
The two biggest were these that went 6.0 and 6.5!! Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green

Ryan G.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice catch those are two pigs. I wish I could get out half as often as you. Keep catching em. Very nice work!!!
Nickp

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God damn mark! Holy cow

Those are two slobs! Good work per usual? Mind if I ask how- big jig and weedlines again?
Just4fun

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nickp wrote:
God damn mark! Holy cow

Those are two slobs! Good work per usual? Mind if I ask how- big jig and weedlines again?

No problem,..I don't mind sharing at all! Chuck C turned me on to 1-ounce jigs earlier this year! I am using mainly black, 1-ounce jigs from Gman
http://www.americananglers.net/forum/index.php?topic=3454.0
and a double trailer consisting of a Paca chunk ( mainly black shadow,..) for swimming,..plus a Joes chunk trailer for fish-holding power and filling out the bait!
http://www.joesjigtrailers.com/
Cool

Almost all the fish came from the outside weedline 8-15ft!
Nickp

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any luck fishing the smaller jigs in the same situation? Toss that Bico jig at all? That jig comes through pads like you wouldnt believe mark! Try swimming it through the pads up top and if you get a blowup without a hookup just let it drop- the bait is money around heavy cover too- very hard to hang up. Thats what i got my 5 8 on- havent been fishing daytime much lately. Great jig for pad punching too.
SenkoBandit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow mark those are some cowboys nice work.I have been throwing a 3/4 oz black/blue booya jigwith a double trailer haven't had much luck! Confused I throw it for at least an hour or two everytime I go out maybe I'm not using it right...If you don't mind me asking do you drag it along the bottom or do you hop it along the bottom? any help would be great. I think I have a better chance of catching a personal best using a jig.thanks
Keith T

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SenkoBandit wrote:
wow mark those are some cowboys nice work.I have been throwing a 3/4 oz black/blue booya jigwith a double trailer haven't had much luck! Confused I throw it for at least an hour or two everytime I go out maybe I'm not using it right...If you don't mind me asking do you drag it along the bottom or do you hop it along the bottom? any help would be great. I think I have a better chance of catching a personal best using a jig.thanks

I experiment with it every time out! About the only thing i do the same every time is let it fall straight down on a totally slack line while stripping line off the spool! I fish it every which way from dead sticking it to burning it in an inch below the surface,...but here's what works the MAJORITY of the times.
Most of the time I'm just moving slowly along the outside weedline and pitching a comfortable toss ahead of the boat, after it hits the bottom,..I'm just jiggling it for a second or two and then cranking it in and casting to the next spot. If I get any bites doing that,..then I will not waste much time on any one cast for the rest of the day. If I'm pulling it up or down a rocky dropoff then I will drag or hop it. Most of the time in that situation,..I just give the reel a crank without moving the rod and just watch the line. Let it hit the bottom,..pause for a second or two, then give it another crank and watch the line again...etc. etc. I probably see about half the bites without ever feeling a thing! If you are watching your line where it enters the water,..the bites are relatively apparent even when the line is slack and you are not feeling your bait!
Stick to it,..everyone that gets good with a jig has spent some time not catching fish! It'll all be worth it in the end!! Wink
Good luck! Cool
SenkoBandit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you just4fun I will try that.Thats cool of you to share those tips and i will keep thowing those jigs sooner or later it will pay off thanks again. Cool
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!! Shocked Awesome pair you got there buddy! Congrats.
jimfish

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to go Mark. You are the man. Cool

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:16 am    Post subject: Alright! Reply with quote

Nice set of Hooters. 2 fish 6+, that is a day to remember.
Tim
SkeeterRon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG... Mark that's AWESOME Laughing

I'm gonna have to start working with the pig & jig more..
Embarassed

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow! Those hogs must have given one hellava fight. Nice work.

Justin
JESTERJACKSON

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: