CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: You will never believe what I caught Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flippy

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 10:40 pm    Post subject: You will never believe what I caught Reply with quote

Its May 5, at about 9:30pm I am fishing with a friend at a private lake in Bristol, He was throwing a spinnerbait and I was throwing a jig, we were catching lots of fish,And I had a beaver splashing around, when all of a sudden as Im reeling the jig in, It gets hammered, I set the hook and this freakin thing made my drag scream, Im screaming at my buddy and hes laughing at me as hes making his way towards me finally after about 10 minutes of fighting this(I thought was a fish)but I couldnt get why it kept surfacing, Im dragging it in and its growling, Now Im freakin out, it makes a big splash and takes off again, My buddy still laughing, so finally I drag it in again, and this thing is PISSED, I drag it to shore and it races after my buddy, (now im freakin laughing as hes running for about 20ft) they dont run to fast, I pulled hard on it so it would attack him and I got the jig back, with the hook totally straightened out, He kept running as Im running the other way, we were laughing so hard, I thought we were on acid, We both sat on top of a hill listening to him smack the water every 10 seconds, I feel bad, I think I snagged it, Let me tell you guys, that 30lb Power Pro is super strong.
Bass Sniper

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

probably the funniest thing ive ever read on here!!
On twenty-pound test "
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice!! Would have loved to seen a video of that. Very Happy
Johnny Skeeter

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No thats a story! Glad he didnt get u guys though that could have been bad.
SkeeterRon

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flippy,

Thats the only Beaver you'll ever get.

I'm sorry, it was funny when I was thinking of it.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SkeeterRon wrote:
Flippy,

Thats the only Beaver you'll ever get.

I'm sorry, it was funny when I was thinking of it.

HAHAHA
jasons

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

play with the beaver the wrong way and you never get the beaver (be nice to the beaver and the beaver is nice to you)
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's just too damn funny Laughing
Old Mud

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flippy, that "Lil Beaver" didn't happen to be Shaved did it ? because i lost one down there and would like to have he.... R..... IT back !! Very Happy

All that truly matters in the end is that you LOVED !!!!
manillathrilla

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

acid

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its 12am sat morning, just got home from the lake with a buddy, tried to make peace with Damian (thats what we call our friendly beaver) Anyway, we got to the lake around 9pm, As we slowly made our way to his home, we noticed a floating log that was following us, I told my buddy, I dont think its a log, he jokingly said it might be a gator, Ha Ha, The next thing you know we hear 1 big splash out aways then that log that was following us made another big splash which was about 8 ft from us, that freakin beaver was following us, as we got alot closer to his home my buddy took his flashlight out and beamed it on his home, their were freakin 2 beaver on the home looking at us, so we turned around and fished our way back to my truck, now this gets good, as we were fishing we had a friend that new where we were going and took this old russian hat, which is hairy like a beaver, Not that kind Old Mud, and left it on the corner of the bed of my pick up, we are freakin out, the beaver is sitting on my truck, we thought, so I had this crazy idea that I would dance in front of it and my buddy would go to the other side and crawl across the sand to the other side of the truck and get in while I had the attention of our friend, well as we are doing this all we hear is our buddy in the woods laughing, I think he peed his pants.I think Damien has a family there and Im going to give him some peace.
Old Mud

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flippy wrote:
Its 12am sat morning,I think Damien has a family there and Im going to give him some peace.

OK now flippy,you've gone and done it !!!. "Followed by a bunch of Beavers" If i read this correctly your going to give a "Beaver" some piece. Very Happy . Very Happy Very Happy This is WAY to funny to just let go. Laughing OH and a "Beaver waiting for you at your truck Shocked Shocked Shocked Very Happy Perhaps a couple of pics. and a little more history and you could sell the movie rights to Si-Fi. Wink

Freekin hilarious !!!!!! Mr. Green Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

All that truly matters in the end is that you LOVED !!!!
asianfisher

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: You will never believe what I caught Reply with quote

This private pond wouldnt be accross from garida or whatever would it cause that place is infested with beavers....
flippy wrote:
Its May 5, at about 9:30pm I am fishing with a friend at a private lake in Bristol, He was throwing a spinnerbait and I was throwing a jig, we were catching lots of fish,And I had a beaver splashing around, when all of a sudden as Im reeling the jig in, It gets hammered, I set the hook and this freakin thing made my drag scream, Im screaming at my buddy and hes laughing at me as hes making his way towards me finally after about 10 minutes of fighting this(I thought was a fish)but I couldnt get why it kept surfacing, Im dragging it in and its growling, Now Im freakin out, it makes a big splash and takes off again, My buddy still laughing, so finally I drag it in again, and this thing is PISSED, I drag it to shore and it races after my buddy, (now im freakin laughing as hes running for about 20ft) they dont run to fast, I pulled hard on it so it would attack him and I got the jig back, with the hook totally straightened out, He kept running as Im running the other way, we were laughing so hard, I thought we were on acid, We both sat on top of a hill listening to him smack the water every 10 seconds, I feel bad, I think I snagged it, Let me tell you guys, that 30lb Power Pro is super strong.
Fishface

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's insane Those Animals are nuts. I was fishing the Farmington river about 7 years ago. In the Up country bait shop area at like 5:00 am after work .I was in waders and I felt a large hit to my left leg, not thinking anything about it and not being able to see yet. A few seconds later I felt one one my right leg I was like what the F ! So I grabed my flashlight to take a look It was a huge Beaver. I said to myself that is not going to be good. I am wearing brown waders and I was just about up to my waist in water. Thinking that I have not had any children yet, and wearing brown waders that it would be a good idea to get the hell out. Before any part of my anatomy was mistaken for a piece of Oak.

Tim
Bluegill Terminator

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had muskrats swim at me, as well as river otters swim between my legs but never a beaver!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: