CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc…
Viewing Topic: Yum Money Minnow
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Protect Your Necks

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:31 am    Post subject: Yum Money Minnow Reply with quote

Has anybody ever used this swimbait or another one just like it? I always here of people using them, but do they catch fish around here? And, do you have any suggestions on colors?
Bass 4 me

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know about them catching fish in Ct but here in Va they work pretty good. The only down side is you cant work them really slow. A trick for working them really fast is take a treble hook and put a peice of surgical tubing over the eye then insert your wide gap hook thruogh the nose of the swim bait then stick the hook thruogh the eye of the treble making sure it goes thruogh the tubong then finish by rigging normally. DO NOT TUCK THE TREBLE IN THE SWIM BAIT!! the exposed hook will now keep it upright and hook more fish.
http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_101120_100018002_100000000_100018000?cmCat=CROSSSELL_THUMBNAIL

#18 and #27 in the colors work good for me.
Good Luck
Protect Your Necks

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thank you. I will definately have to try some now. What weight swimbait hook would you recommend for about a 4-4.5 inch one?
Bass 4 me

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fish them unweighted with a 3/O wide gap hook. but for a weight I would say no heaveir than 1/4 oz to keep the side to side woble. but as I said I fish them weightless so I am no expert on weights. you should experiment around and see what catches the biggest lunker! Good Luck
Protect Your Necks

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc… All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: