CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Partners
Viewing Topic: 1860 Reservoir NOW! Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkO wrote:
They may have sprayed for weeds, which they do once a year there. At least the spaying doesn't effect the pads, but it does have an impact on a lot of fish. I've seen many dead bass in years past there after the chemical application.

They should spray for slime too. It's frikkin ridiculous.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TurtleKiss wrote:
Shore fishing is fine with me. I can pick up and go whenever...I just don't feel like everyone should be avoiding me based on my photo. I understand the wife/girlfriend factor though...I just think that an exception should be made for me since I probably fish more than anyone here.
Thanks. Smile I appreciate your pity!

You won't get any pity from me. I only wish I could fish as much as you do Wink Besides as I've said before I'd rather be fishing with a buddy than fishing alone any day.

Congrats on the new baitcaster! Check out this thread I got some good info from the fellas on there...http://www.ctfishtalk.com/new-baitcasting-reel-t4005.html
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDawg10 wrote:
TurtleKiss wrote:
Shore fishing is fine with me. I can pick up and go whenever...I just don't feel like everyone should be avoiding me based on my photo. I understand the wife/girlfriend factor though...I just think that an exception should be made for me since I probably fish more than anyone here.
Thanks. Smile I appreciate your pity!

You won't get any pity from me. I only wish I could fish as much as you do Wink Besides as I've said before I'd rather be fishing with a buddy than fishing alone any day.

Congrats on the new baitcaster! Check out this thread I got some good info from the fellas on there...http://www.ctfishtalk.com/new-baitcasting-reel-t4005.html

I don't know if it was beginner's luck or what, but I did excellent with the baitcaster. Felt natural to cast with, and I've used ONLY spinning reels for almost 30 years. Can't comment on my accuracy, but that extra distance is sweet!

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

last year I fished the res and saw a bunch of floaters as well. that lake seems so choked up that the fish can't thrive there any more.

Justin
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TK, nice job with the baitcaster. Good to hear you didn't have any problems with it. I find my biggest problem casting is trying to overcast with it. I slow it down a bit and it's fine.

I stopped by the res for a quick half hour on Monday to wet my line and the decaying fish were everywhere. It smelled horrible.
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDawg10 wrote:
TK, nice job with the baitcaster. Good to hear you didn't have any problems with it. I find my biggest problem casting is trying to overcast with it. I slow it down a bit and it's fine.

I stopped by the res for a quick half hour on Monday to wet my line and the decaying fish were everywhere. It smelled horrible.

I'm glad you mentioned the smell. Was planning on going there tomorrow but not if it reeks. What's a good place to fish from shore when the wind is 20+ MPH?

TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bass Addict wrote:
last year I fished the res and saw a bunch of floaters as well. that lake seems so choked up that the fish can't thrive there any more.

Maybe if they kept the gate open at night...lol
Any idea what causes it? That place is ridiculously shallow & has more slime than what I'd call reasonable, but it does sustain plenty of other wildlife...birds, beavers, otters, frogs, turtles, etc. Why is it just the panfish that are dying? I assumed it was caused by pesticides.

RaMPaGeBaSsMaN

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TurtleKiss wrote:
Bass Addict wrote:

Maybe if they kept the gate open at night...lol
Any idea what causes it? That place is ridiculously shallow & has more slime than what I'd call reasonable, but it does sustain plenty of other wildlife...birds, beavers, otters, frogs, turtles, etc. Why is it just the panfish that are dying? I assumed it was caused by pesticides.
I had one of my best fishing days at that res last year i used just one lure and did some damage i think i said to much... Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Partners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: