CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Partners
Viewing Topic: 1860 Reservoir NOW! Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:52 am    Post subject: 1860 Reservoir NOW! Reply with quote

No one will show up but I figured I'd mention it anyway. Will be here for a few hours.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how did you do?
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SkeeterJim wrote:
So how did you do?

Well...not too good actually. There were dead fish everywhere...little ones. Looked like white perch or sun-bleached panfish. It was pretty disgusting...they were washing up on shore and floating all over the place. Whatever killed them probably benefited the bass though....lots of easy meals while the affected fish were slowly dying.

When I got there it was sunny, and I was pleased to see some nice lily pad clusters. Not surprising since the water is so shallow. Did the frog thing...no strikes, but I did see a huge bass strike at something else, so I stayed in the area. Fishing anything other than topwater is so aggravating there because no matter what you're using, you need to remove slime and weeds once the lure is retrieved.

The clouds rolled in & the wind picked up in mid-afternoon. I rowed out of the pads, dropped the motor, and headed away from the pads, against the current. Couldn't fight the wind even in 5th speed, so I maneuvered to an open area on shore...more dead fish. Pulled my boat out of the water until the wind died down an hour later.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30762538&l=af083c1113&id=1175352787

Only caught panfish on a torpedo. Haven't really covered much area...basically I've stuck near the shoreline and directly across from the launch area.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
Old Mud

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AH HA !!!!!, maybe everyone knew so that's why no one showed up !!! Shocked Shocked Shocked

NA !!!!! Laughing Cool Wink

All that truly matters in the end is that you LOVED !!!!
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old Mud wrote:
AH HA !!!!!, maybe everyone knew so that's why no one showed up !!! Shocked Shocked Shocked

NA !!!!! Laughing Cool Wink

Does anyone on this site actually fish?
Why is it so hard to find a partner? And why am I the only one posting in this section?

Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, my wife works full time so she cant help ya out much. I have been fishing my brains out the last week and would love to fish with you, cause you sound like a die hard, go all day or go home, which is how i used to fish when i had to tow the big boat all over, but you are to far away Sad
One of these days, soon, you and i will get together. I have a friend that lives in new britian, you should get in touch with him. I gotta warn you though, he is a minute man Smile

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh ya i almost forgot. I BET you would have partners knocking your door down if you were single LMAO Smile

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rookie wrote:
LOL, my wife works full time so she cant help ya out much. I have been fishing my brains out the last week and would love to fish with you, cause you sound like a die hard, go all day or go home, which is how i used to fish when i had to tow the big boat all over, but you are to far away Sad
One of these days, soon, you and i will get together. I have a friend that lives in new britian, you should get in touch with him. I gotta warn you though, he is a minute man Smile

Hartford to Milford is 51 minutes according to Google Maps. You free tomorrow after noon? Hell, I'll meet you halfway...what's in Cheshire or Wallingford? Razz

Anyone I fish with (a.k.a. my mom) agrees to the separate car rule because no one has ever wanted to fish longer than I have. I work from home, so of course I'd rather keep fishing instead of going to work. I'm not an idiot.

Rookie wrote:
Oh ya i almost forgot. I BET you would have partners knocking your door down if you were single LMAO Smile

How does my marital status translate into not being able to find a fishing partner? I may be unavailable in that sense, but this is a fishing site. No one in central CT wants an occasional someone to fish with? Someone's gotta give in...who's it gonna be?

Maybe I can trap a noob if I take down my profile photo. Laughing

Stratos17

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kira,

I think i have an answer to your question "Fishing Partner" Most of the time the men here on this site fish with other men. Most of us here are married, I have been married for 25 years. If I said to my wife " Hey gonna hit the water today with Turtlekiss and see what we can put in the boat" I'm thinkin she's not cool with that, especially because of your certain feminen features to put it gently. Honestly, I think most of the guys on the site would love to fish with ya. Just an awkward situation to explain to the better half. You know how women are...LOL. My hat is off to you for getting out and fishing!! Great reports and awesome photos!! Maybe a manly disguise will work!

Marty
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Marty, thanks for the reply. I know how women are and I understand that my situation is strange.

Last edited by TurtleKiss on Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Phish

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kira,

It looks like I'm having knee surgery again (find out when Tuesday). I hope to hit the water a couple times before that happens and I'll let you know because I may be out of the fishing game for a while.

Jed
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no problem fishing with you sometime. My biggest problem is that between work, my wife and 2 kids in sports and cub scouts my fishing time is whenever I can make it happen on the spur of the moment. Mostly in 1 to 2hr time frames. Sometimes my boys want to go and sometimes they don't. I'm sure it will likely happen at some point. Maybe the next T they have on this site we can meet up and fish from shore or something.
MarkO

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They may have sprayed for weeds, which they do once a year there. At least the spaying doesn't effect the pads, but it does have an impact on a lot of fish. I've seen many dead bass in years past there after the chemical application.
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phish wrote:
Kira,

It looks like I'm having knee surgery again (find out when Tuesday). I hope to hit the water a couple times before that happens and I'll let you know because I may be out of the fishing game for a while.

Jed

That would be great Jed. My mom bought me my very first baitcaster today! Can't wait to experience the phenomenon called backlash. Could use all the tips I can get.
Too bad about the knee surgery...hope it's the last one for you.

TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDawg10 wrote:
I have no problem fishing with you sometime. My biggest problem is that between work, my wife and 2 kids in sports and cub scouts my fishing time is whenever I can make it happen on the spur of the moment. Mostly in 1 to 2hr time frames. Sometimes my boys want to go and sometimes they don't. I'm sure it will likely happen at some point. Maybe the next T they have on this site we can meet up and fish from shore or something.

Shore fishing is fine with me. I can pick up and go whenever...I just don't feel like everyone should be avoiding me based on my photo. I understand the wife/girlfriend factor though...I just think that an exception should be made for me since I probably fish more than anyone here.
Thanks. Smile I appreciate your pity!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Partners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: