CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: Any good spots for decent sized largemouth bass? Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zegermanznew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just keep at it.

I fish from shore every chance I get. If I see nice water, I just pull over and hit it a few times.

Ill be honest, and maybe Im just lucky, but I've been hammering the 1-2lbers for the last month.

Post sunset has been very slow, most of my "bigger" fish are landed between 4 and 7 pm, a little earlier than Im used to. Early AM fishing never lets me down, but not much time for that lately.

My largest LMB came from Black Pond out in Woodstock last year, 4lb 9 oz, so Im still happy with 2-3lbers, even the 1+ get me a little excited. Laughing

What area are you from?
zegermanznew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to add: What has been working for me a lot lately is MOVING.

Don't dwell on a spot because its pretty, or because theres a good sitting rock, or because you THINK there should be fish there. haha (like me)

If I don't hit something in 5 or 6 casts, I move 50 feet. The way its been working for me lately; I get there and catch a fish first cast, then nothing. Move, and first cast in the new spot lands a fish or bites. Then move and so on.
PECo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zegermanznew wrote:
Forgot to add: What has been working for me a lot lately is MOVING.

That's why fishing from a boat is so great. It's better to go to the fish than wait for them to come to you.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive been to maltby a few times in the past month but its been slow but im hoping with this cold front that just moved through that it cools the shallows and brings them bucketmouths closer to shore the biggest bass i got at maltby was 5.8 on 6 lb mono with a wacky worm lol good fight needless to say but i also caught a ton of fish on rattle trap type baits also i fish mostly in #2 i beleive the one on the right if you look at a map and i fish out by the two islands right next to rt 34 hope some of this helps good luck
joesenko

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: maltby Reply with quote

@mikey5 i fished maltby all summer my favorite spot is the lake right near the parking lot if you walk from the parking lot facing the water take a left and walk the shore you'll go over that small bridge deal and i go down by the islands and fish over there i use senkos wacky rigged rattletrap type baits and go to town also if you go to the lake in the back and skip some lures under the walkway thats fenced off i think its a water pump or something late last summer going into the fall i was using a red eye shad almost like a jig skipping it under the walkway letting it sink to the bottom rippin it up then letting it flutter back down and i ignited a small school and they went nuts they were actually beating eachother up trying to get it. It was one of the coolest things I've ever seen. Sorry about the late reply i forgot all about this site and had a bunch of s**t going on this passed year but hope it helps you out when the season opens

Tightlines
Joesenko

" the order goes 1 my girl and my daughter 2 fishing 3 my guitar with tunes on the radio "
joesenko

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: maltby Reply with quote

@mikey5 i fished maltby all summer my favorite spot is the lake right near the parking lot if you walk from the parking lot facing the water take a left and walk the shore you'll go over that small bridge deal and i go down by the islands and fish over there i use senkos wacky rigged rattletrap type baits and go to town also if you go to the lake in the back and skip some lures under the walkway thats fenced off i think its a water pump or something late last summer going into the fall i was using a red eye shad almost like a jig skipping it under the walkway letting it sink to the bottom rippin it up then letting it flutter back down and i ignited a small school and they went nuts they were actually beating eachother up trying to get it. It was one of the coolest things I've ever seen. Sorry about the late reply i forgot all about this site and had a bunch of s**t going on this passed year but hope it helps you out when the season opens

Tightlines
Joesenko

" the order goes 1 my girl and my daughter 2 fishing 3 my guitar with tunes on the radio "
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: