CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Tournaments
Viewing Topic: Any interest in a Father / Son or Daughter Tourney? Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quint's Revenge wrote:
How about a Father/alter boy tournament? If you have it I'm in Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

LOL!!! So Quint which one are you gonna be, the Father or the alter boy? Very Happy
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, slimcoat is trying to put together something nice for father/kid and flippy is just busting chops.

Flippy, if you don't want to travel don't come - I am sure the other participants will get over it. Twisted Evil

Justin
Just4fun

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I've seen there's probably only about 10 tourney-boaters who are "regulars" on this forum. Most of them fish other tournies and all have other commitments on any given weekend,...so at best you have maybe 7 or 8 boats available for any date. Then, like Reggie said, they are spread across the state so there's never one location that's going to be convenient for everyone and some people (including me) are just not going to drive 2 hours each way to fish them anymore. It took me a while to realize it, but the bottom line is that with the current number of members, the BEST that we can expect is about 5-8 boats per event right now! And if you put on a tourney with any "non-standard" conditions,..it's going to be even less!

Personally, I feel that these CTFT tournies are all about having a good time by getting together to fish with other's from the site,...rather than because you have the possibility of making money by winning it. The friendly competition is definitely part of the fun,..but the money is just kind of a little prize,..rather than something that's going to be meaningful in anyone's lives. For that reason, I don't really mind if only a few boats show up,...it is what it is! I'm sure that there's other's who feel differently,...but this is just my $.02 Cool
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said Mark!
Johnny Skeeter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow this hot weather is getting under everyones skin.
Pointingdog

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Col. Jessup once said..."I'm a fair guy, but this *&%$##% heat is making me absolutely crazy..."

I've got 3 nieces that would love to hold up the trophy... As long as no one laughs at the Hanna Montana fishing poles....
Johnny Skeeter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would do it if my nephews schedule permits....
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slime, my son is only 2 but next year I would definitely be interested. I hope you get a good turn out as it's a great way for father and child to bond. If this happens I will try to take my son to the weigh ins.

good luck guys.

Justin

Justin
flippy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slimecoat and guys I dont mean to start a problem Im just bitchen I dont mean to get on anybodys case,Slimecoat its nice to have somebody to get some tournies going and you know i will fish them. Guys Ive fished with slimecoat (or against) for a few years so the way we talk seems hostile but its not.
Pointingdog

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flippy wrote:
Slimecoat and guys I dont mean to start a problem Im just bitchen I dont mean to get on anybodys case,Slimecoat its nice to have somebody to get some tournies going and you know i will fish them. Guys Ive fished with slimecoat (or against) for a few years so the way we talk seems hostile but its not.

Well said..... ONLY I can be hostile to Slimecoat....!!
slimecoat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but pointing dog, your bark is worse than your bite! I still need to take you down to the Vet, to get your distemper shot.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:25 am    Post subject: Father-Son Tourney Reply with quote

I would be interested. I don't care about distance. I don't worry about gas prices when fishing (or else I would not fish).

I do like the idea of a quiet, smaller lake (i.e.Bolton or similar) that I can fish a tourney with my 9 year old. I fished one on Highland this year and I would have been more comfortable fishing the Race.

Thanks for your organizing efforts.
slimecoat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I don't think my time constraints and regular tournament schedule, are going to allow me to put this together this season. I definately want to get a father / child tournament going next year, depending on what kind of response we get will depend on wether we make it a regular thing. I want to do this right, with free tackle for the kids, and maybe do an age group catagory thing with spiderman and dora poles for the little ones for prizes. If anybody with connections can get us some free donations of tackle and poles that would be ideal. This wiil also be a 1/2 day event with a picnic after for families to hang out and have fun. I agree someplace like Lower Bolton, Long Pond, Powers Lake, or Mansfield Hollow will allow for shore fishing and those with boats.

I'll keep this on the back burner until next season.

Gary
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Tournaments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: