CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Tournaments
Viewing Topic: Any interest in a Father / Son or Daughter Tourney? Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slimecoat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:53 am    Post subject: Any interest in a Father / Son or Daughter Tourney? Reply with quote

Let me know if there is any interest in a Father / son, father / daughter, or Uncle / niece or nephew type tournament.

Lower Bolton comes to mind, only because if the child is young / small, boat traffic on other lakes could be a problem, or lessen the fun experience. This will not be a problem at Lower Bolton. I'm thinking a 15 year old age limit on the child, 16 years or older can fish other team events.

Give me your 2 cents.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow.......................... calm down people.......not everyone at once

CT RIVER
Every Tuesday Night @ 5 p.m.
EAST HARTFORD LAUNCH
$10 Per Person
Winner Take All!
CTBASSIN

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be interested depends on when and where

Fitzwater Lures- Best custom jigs on the market
http://www.fitzwaterlures.com/

American Bass Anglers Draw Tournament Trail
CT Division 6
www.abadivision6.com
flippy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: father son tourny Reply with quote

Slimecoat why dont you have a tourny a little closer like highland or beseck theres plenty of small waters around, I would be interested but not to drive that far for a small pond tourny
slimecoat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flippy, It definately won't be Highland, that may be close for you, but not for me. Lower bolton is only 20 minutes from me. I'm ok with Beseck, but the boat traffic is nuts, and the parking area is too small trying to get in and out of that place with all the jet skis and pleasure craft is a pain in the ass.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

COUNT ME IN ON THAT
flippy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slimecoat, dont you live in newington?
Quint's Revenge

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about a Father/alter boy tournament? If you have it I'm in Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quint, you're the best. Too funny!

Flippy, yes I live in Newington, what's your point?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My point being, youre picking lakes and ponds that are best for YOU! 20 minutes for you could be an hour for somebody else, it seems like its all about you!! Maybe you should scatter your tournies more you might get better results. It is not worth driving all that way to these ponds for a 6 hour tourny, thats my point!! You dont want tournies on busy waters because of boat traffic, come on the last tourny on the river, you had all but 1 pro style bass boat, I could see if you were fishing in your boat but your not you are usually in a pro style bass boat, so why should it matter.These guys with these pro style are usually use to it, If they arent then they wasted alot of money. You guys complain about gas, it doesnt matter cause your going to fish anyway.Im not trying to start anything , but think about it! Candlewood for example, look at the weights that usually come in compared to 8 to 12lbs and thats a lake that everybody can catch fish and have a good time but you dont want to drive there, its too far or too many boats. ya there is boat traffic but you can catch a really decent bag for the money to get there. MY POINT!
slimecoat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flippy,

Actually the 2 locations, Haddam Meadows and Gardner Lake, were chosen mainly for the large parking areas for the cookout afterwards. Not all about me, because they are both fairly close to where I live was just a plus. But when I am running a tournament, then yes it is about me to some respect, if you can't deal with that, then run your own tourney's. If you want to fish Candlewood so bad, then start a Candlewood trail, I'm sure you'll get some boats to sign up.

Maybe in the future we should just make these tournaments 8 hours and forget the cookout, since we are not drawing many people. Sure both places are (close) 30 minutes from me, but that really wasn't done on purpose. Speaking of not wanting to spend money for gas, where were you at the Beach Pond tournament this past weekend?

Both places CT River and Gardner, have both largemouth and smallmouth bass, which we thought was a plus. What kind of boat I fish from really doesn't come into play either at either location. I have fished from my tin can in both places and done well, boat traffic does not bother me so much, and I don't need to run far on the river to catch fish, it just takes me a little longer to get to a spot than it would take you.

I won't be running any more tourney's this year after the Gardner event anyway, just no time. I've got too many projects to do around the house that I haven't been able to get to yet this summer.

See you on the water.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GAS, Well instead of fishing Empty Lake I was in NY on Champlain dont go there with the gas issue I bet I spent more money on gas last weekend then you will spend all summer PLEASE! And why would I drive to Beach pond to fish a tourny with less then ten boats, come on. I will put more money in the boat for that tourny then first place would pay, never mind the CBFN tourny this weekend and the Hudson next weekend, all Im saying is that these tournies seem out of the way for something thats suppose to be fun!! As for Johns club I dont see why we travel to the shoreline lakes when we have good waters that are closer, I have only fished 1 of his tournies this year because thats was the only 1 I could make. We could argue all night on this issue, and Gary your right you are running it so you could do whats best for you but look at the turn outs.
regl
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Play nicely please.

Location is always going to be a difficult decision because of travel. With the never ending gas price increases there will always be hesitation for our small tournaments.

I truly appreciate those of you that have put in the time to schedule and manage the tournaments and I think everyone has been fair in asking people where they would like to fish before making it official and choosing the best location for the event.

From what I see here, we would be lucky to have 10% of our members interested in tournaments, and this 10% is spread pretty well over the state making it even more difficult to accommodate everyone one of them.

So I offer a suggestion; Invite more people from your area to join us. If you run into people on a lake near you, invite them to join us. It's a numbers game, the more people we get involved on the site, then there will be more participation on different bodies of water and ultimately bigger prizes.

Thank you for listening, good night.

-Reggie
flippy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reggie, Well said, Thank you
slimecoat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with your suggestions Reggie, but don't worry about flippy and I, we have known each other for a long time from fishing club tournies, we just agree to disagree, no hostile intentions.

Just to clear things up on the Beach Pond issue, I too was planning on skipping the tourney, because #1, it is too far to travel, to win a small amount of cash, and #2 I had a late wedding the night before, and fished it on about 2 hours of sleep. The only reason, and I mean the only reason I fished it, was that it was the only tourney Steve (pointing dog), could do for 3 weeks on either side of Beach pond, due to his crazy flight schedule, so I gave in and went for him, that's what friends are for. Otherwise there would have been only 3 boats, which is fuel for the fire for Novembers meeting, as to why we neeed to stick to closer to home lakes for next season. Thank god we won it, because if not, I would have been really tired and poorer.

Flippy I know you travel a long way to many big water fishing locations, I had a feeling you had another tourney and that's why you weren't at beach pond, but you seem to forget that most guys these days don't have that kind of extra cash to spend on long distance fishing excursions. I agree that there are plenty of lakes within 40 minutes of say the Hartford area, that we don't need to be going out to Beach Pond or East Twin etc., especially for the amount of boats we are getting to show up at John's tourney's.

I am centrally located in the state being in Newington, so for John and I, most lakes are an hour or closer for us. I agree that some guys being located farther east or west have much longer drives than I or John, I guess those are the breaks, and unfortuinately they will probably choose not to travel to many locations. John and I have already talked about making next years E.L. schedule more home based, meaning due to fuel prices, fishing lakes not located on our borders. That is if the general concensus at our annual November meeting feels the same way. I know you haven't attended the meetings in the last 2 or more years, you should show up and voice your strong opinions then, and have a say in where the club is going next year. Because if you don't show up and speak your mind, then you really have no business complaining about anything, so be part of the solution and not the problem, and join us for some hot wings, beer, and Hooters, not necessarily in that order.

Again the Meadows and Gardner tournies were chosen for their large parking area's, for the cookouts as well as the fishing. Not because they are fairly close for me, although that does help my wallet when it comes to fuel.

Talk to you later.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Tournaments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: