CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Tournaments
Viewing Topic: Beseck, September 6th, 2008 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slimecoat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you guys have rain gear and a bilge pump in your boats!!!!!!!!

It's gonna be raining like hell, and snotty wind. You might want to keep those life jackets handy?

You better make sure your trolling motor batteries are fully charged too, and an anchor might not be a bad idea either. The remnants of Hanna are gonna push through on Saturday, and there aren't too many places to get out of the wind at Beseck.

Good luck and fish safe guys.......

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant wait!! Smile

CT RIVER
Every Tuesday Night @ 5 p.m.
EAST HARTFORD LAUNCH
$10 Per Person
Winner Take All!
Just4fun

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick,..I'm not usually one to be a weenie about these things,..but my partner has already backed out and if the weather is going to be ridiculous, then you will not see me either!
If it's going to be rainy and a little stormy, I can handle that and I'll just fish it solo,....but if it's thunder and lightning and/or high winds then it's just not worth it to me! Sorry bud,..I want to fish but I'm not into survival contests!

ps: I just rechecked the forecast and right now it has light winds and rain with just a "chance" of some thunder, so if that forecast holds then I will be there!
Glenn D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Saturday's Tourny Reply with quote

What's up guys. My buddy Marty from Bristol just turned me on to this. We have been looking for local tournaments. What do I have to do to commit to Saturdays Tournament? Only one of my livewells is working right now, is that OK? If it is raining real bad, do you guys still go?

Thanks
Glenn
Justin Tralli

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto to that Mark! Im not gonna be there if therres lots of lightning Wind and rain ok not the electricity!

CT RIVER
Every Tuesday Night @ 5 p.m.
EAST HARTFORD LAUNCH
$10 Per Person
Winner Take All!
Just4fun

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Glen,..welcome to the forum,..all you have to do is say you're in and you're in! Very Happy Hope it come off and we'll see you there!
Glenn D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: Saturday Beseck Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply Mark. Just waiting for my buddy Marty to get back to me. But as of right now I'm pretty sure you got us both. Two boats, four guys. I feel the same way as the last couple of posts. I'm in but if it gets real snotty out there, it's just no fun. I was in one a few weeks ago on Champlain. 3-4' swells at 7 am. Wind was blowing like hell. It really was not looking good at all. But by late morning it laid down nicely. Turned out to be a good day. I'm very new here. I saw a previous post about a father/son tournament. Is there any planned in the future.? My 8 yo son would love it. Oh, and how do you add a photo to your profile?

Thanks,
Glenn
slimecoat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glenn,

First of all welcome to the site. I started the thread about the father /son tournaments, looking to see if there was any interest for this. It looks like there is. I just ran out of time to put anything together this season. Too many at home projects to finish on the weekends, as well as the normal club tournaments I fish. I will definately put this together for next year. I hope to do a few tourneys, with tackle packs, tigger and Dora poles and ribbons for the little ones, or trophies for the older kids depending on what age groups we end up with. So stay tuned..........

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see Glenn is becoming pretty active on here!!! I guess I'll fish with Paul?
Fished Congamond last night with a friend. Caught 15 total with the nicest one around 6 lbs. First time for me at night throwing blades. Alot of weeds but well worth it. Black spinner bait single colorado blade with a black 3" grub. Slow rolling or a stop and go. As soon as you felt the blade stop....the fish would hit. The fish would hit it hard, it was unbelievable. One broke me off at the boat, ten pound test. Arrived home at 1:00am. See you at the launch Saturday.
Marty
Zorro

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its going to be fun guys. Weather does not look that bad any more. Rain in the AM with winds starting to pick up as the day goes on.
cobalt

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone still need a partner? Laughing
Nickp

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im fishing either way.

Looks like we may have 6 boats now?

Thats a good turnout- just got the permit faxed from Bill today.

$45- we will decide what we pay when we get there as far as 1st/2nd/lunker is concerned. Depends how many people dont show.

I really dont think it will be bad. Looks like later in the day will get rougher/rainier. I seem to be extremely lucky with this stuff. Im sure i'll wake up, get there, and 2 boats will show up.

Nothing like a little wind to turn the bite on.
Keith T

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm free tomorrow my club canceled our tournie on the river tomorrow....

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4mph wind in the AM. 10mph by 1pm. Looks like rain. Hopefully no lightning but dont bail out guys. How many times have the weather men been wrong before? And who doesnt have rain gear.

Remember- be there for 530 so we can get paid up/ready for a 6am launch. I will not wait- unless I recieve a call around 5 30. 203-376-8022.

Il be taking phone numbers at the launch- in case it gets bad and I have to call the tourney or at least hold off for a few minutes.

The brunt of the storm is due for 7pm or so. Winds are looking pretty light until 5. They spike to 20-30 then. I assume the majority of the heavy rain were expecting wont be here until late tomorrow.
Keith T

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If thats the report today i wish my club didn't cancel...I took a day off from work..... Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Tournaments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: