CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: Cabellas Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thestinkycrappie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The kid fears Cabellas. The giant stuffed animals freak him out. I have to go alone.
slimecoat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been there 3 times in the last month, as my 3 year old was with me the first 2 times. He is a handfull, all I did was chase him from exhibit to exhibit. He loves the fish tanks, stuffed mounts, the moose display, etc.

The last time, I went with my fishing partner, pointing dog. This was the first time I had a chance to really check out, in detail, the fishing dept. I am not very impressed. They have lot of tackle, but not a whole lot for me, as I am pretty much a fresh water bass tournament fisherman. They cater to the trout and walleye fisherman more than anything. They also have things spread out all over the place, and not organized very well. I am guessing that when the warm weather gets here, they will move the boats outside and bring in more fishing tackle. They do carry a few things that I haven't seen in other catalogs, but for the most part, their fishing dept. is lame.

I will be back for sure, because my little guy loves the place, it's 10 minutes from the house, and it gets us out of the house when it's cold outside.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stumpy wrote:
Just4fun wrote:
I finally made it there yestarday,..I was actually kind of disappointed in the selection of stuff for bass fishing. It's a nice store and all,..and I'm still glad to have it,..but I was expecting a little more!

i agree, but when your used to shopping at tft it's a little tough to expect alot from other stores.

I liked the stuffed animals, especially he African exhibit on the 2nd floor, very impressive. The aquarium was not. Mike has a better selection of bass in his tank at the store.

The clothing was good but had to find the talls as they were all the sizes according to the help are "all mixed in together."

As for the fishing stuff I don't buy from anyone but TFT. I have no need to as I really like the personal service and he matches all Cabelas and Bass Pro pricing.

I did take a look just to see what they had. Most of it by far was their own name brand stuff.

I did notice on ordering something for my boat from Cabela's internet site after the store opened that now they charge CT residents sales tax. Rolling Eyes

So I guess that's one downside of having the store I didn't expect.

Walt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: