CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Tournaments
Viewing Topic: CTFISHTALK 2009 Tourney Trail INPUT WANTED Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking

5 fish limit team or solo (just in case your partner over sleeps or over drinks)
$40 entry (includes lunker)
7 hr tourneys
Just4fun

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chuckc wrote:
I was thinking

5 fish limit team or solo (just in case your partner over sleeps or over drinks)
$40 entry (includes lunker)
7 hr tourneys

Sounds good to me but are you also gonna try and do points & standings over the season or run each date as a seperate event?

You can argue both ways about which would be better.
Seperate events every time would be more attractive to everyone that belongs to another bass club, so you might get more involvement that way.
But then it's also easier for folks to skip the dates where they just don't like the lake or the drive, etc, etc. etc.

Also, are they going to be draw tourneys or buddy events,..or some of both?
chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats the stuff I really need imput on. I wouldn't mind mixing it up.
slimecoat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can do it a few different ways Chuck. You could do a split season with 10 tourney's total, 5 being partners cash and points race tourney's, and 5 just partner computer draw cash opens, or no draw cash opens.

Or

All points races....

Or

All cash partner computer draw opens....

Or

All regular partner cash opens -no draw.....

The point is, It's your deal so you make the rules, because your gonna get guys that want it all different ways.

Personally I like the computer draw cash opens, boater and non boater. It allows you to meet new people and make new friends, and share baits and technique's. The down fall is on some lakes, that you give away secret spot's to other people you may not want to tell. Some lakes are really small and everybody knows where everybody else is fishing anyway, so it doesn't matter.

How ever you do it, I'm in if I can make them.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote for the events to be equally split,..50% draw and 50% buddy events.

Then, I like slimey's idea to have just the buddy events counting towards a season-long race but I'm not too sure that you will have enough people willing to commit to it to make it work,..so maybe just have them all be cash events for the first season and then see how much interest there is to take it further, after that! That would make it a lot simpler and I'm sure, less headaches for you!
NX 882 BASS

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya chuck get rid of mansfield that place is a toilet,go there if you like to catch 11"bass all day,i would rather catch 5 & 6lb bass its alot more fun Laughing
Nickp

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its taken 12lbs there multiple times to win.

I personally like the place. It caters to a more shallow type of fishing and ive done very well there in 3 out of the 4 t's weve had there. That last one was my muligan- zeroed.

The average size there in a 5fish limit has a few 2's and a 3 tossed in for good messaure and its not difficult to fish. I personally havent caught much under 14-15inches there besides a few rats.

Who said you were allowed john? Lol
NX 882 BASS

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that place needs to take lessons from highland & c-mond on how to get BASS BIG,nick you woundnt no because all you come to the scales with is a story on how i lost a 4lb,5lb ALL THE TIME!! Laughing
Stratos17

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm new to this tourney thing. I like to fish for fun. $50 bucks to throw in to a pot isnt really a big thing, it will sure keep you on the water longer. Nothing wrong with a little friendly competition. I would do a couple of tournaments maybe 5 at the most. Between work and family it would pretty tuff to dedicate 10 days of fishing. It is pretty addicting though.
slimecoat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stratos17,

Here's what you do, as long as Chuck pulls the permits within the next 2 months, you have a list of lakes and dates. Put them on the calendar and carve them in stone, tell your wife these dates are not negotable unless something major comes up like a wedding or a funeral or a kids ballgame or something.

I fish a 15 tournament trail every season, and then pick up a few extra's here and there, and I have a wife and kids too. I have to dump 1 every once in a while, or do a trade off for another tourney if I miss one, but for the most part, I have my wife trained to look at the calendar before making any plans for me on weekends.

Good Luck, but it's also not worth divorce court either, well then again........ Shocked Shocked Shocked

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chuck

kidbass and I are looking for a new trail to fish. hows this.

6 fish limit. Teams or solo if your fishing alone you can keep 6 fish but once you put that 6th fish in the well your dune.
$50 entey $10 for big fish.
8 hr. tourneys.
All regular partners
Cash open only
NO POINTS go with lbs. & oz that way if someone missis a tourney you can still be in the race. Because you can make up lbs & oz . you cant make up points.

By the way Lilly & Zoar SUCK to.

just my $0.02

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with you Mike on Lilli and Zoar, there are plenty of other places to fish, like Long Pond, Coventry, East Twin, or Mashapaug.

Mike , so you're proposing, if you are fishing alone, you can only keep your first 6 fish period, no culling? What if you catch 6 fish by 7:30am, that makes for a long day waiting to weigh in at 2pm, do you just sit at the ramp and have your wife order you a pizza? LOL Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slimecoat wrote:
...I fish a 15 tournament trail every season, and then pick up a few extra's here and there, and I have a wife and kids too. I have to dump 1 every once in a while, ...........

So Slimey,..how many wives & kids do you get rid of per season?!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Stratos17

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advise Slimecoat. I also hunt, have two sleds, a camper..etc..Seems I'm always doin something. I just have to make room for the fishing thing. The wife likes to fish as well. She will never do a tourney though. I'll wait for the trail and mark my times. Thanks again,
Marty
cobalt

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just4fun wrote:

So Slimey,..how many wives & kids do you get rid of per season?!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

lol @ this comment
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Tournaments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: