CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Tournaments
Viewing Topic: CTFishTalk Field Day 3 Fish Tournament 6/29 - CT River Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slimecoat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin, You probably forgot your scale on your tailgate because you were still thinking about that 4lb. plus bass that blew up on your spro frog, and never hooked up when we were fishing the river last year. LOL

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I've had a few requests to change this Tournament from a lunker tourney to a 3 fish tourney. Since nobody has expressed any concerns otherwise, I am going to make the change.

We have 7 boats signed up now, so I will pay out for 1st & 2nd place, as far as the cash is concerned. If we end up getting 10 or more boats I will pay out for 3 spots, and the breakdown will change. I will pay out $10 for the biggest fish (lunker). The cash will be split paying 75% to 1st place ($150), and 25% to 2nd ($50).

I have made the change to the rules at the start of the thread as well.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still cannot make this event, but I do have a plastic-mesh tourney bag that you guys can borrow for this tourney. I'll give it to Skeeter Ron & Jim.
We used it at the Bantam tourney with a hand-held scale and it was fast and easy!

One note about using a hand-held scale...I noticed at the Bantam tourney that my X-tools scale needs to be perfectly straight up and down in order to get a decent reading and that it's pretty easy to make the measurements go up or down about a pound, if the scale is tilted at all. So, if your handheld scale has an eyelet at the top,..you should attach a short length of rope or something,..so that you can let the scale hang straight down from that when you're taking the readings! Wink
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have to bow out of this one, I have another obligation.

Justin
Justin Tralli

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need more boats peeps! Come sign up! Nice short day! DUSTY why arent you signed up yet?

CT RIVER
Every Tuesday Night @ 5 p.m.
EAST HARTFORD LAUNCH
$10 Per Person
Winner Take All!
slimecoat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allright Bassaddict I'll take you and your partner off the list. I hope this is not the start of something ugly.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mark, that bag sounds great, and I will attach a cord to the handle loop at the top of the handheld scale.

I can't believe that with all these members, we can only get 6 boats. Come on guys and gals, this is as low key as it gets, 4 hours of tournament fishing on the CT river with CTFishTalk.com T-shirts for the winners as well as other loctite prizes I'm told, and a picnic afterwards, great family fun.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to, but I've got other obligations.... does any one think a Saturday would get a better response?
Old standby push button
slimecoat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wishin we asked that question when we were starting this thread, and the responses were split. Some could make saturday and not sunday, and vice versa, so we just picked a date and went with it. The next time we have a CTFishTalk.com field day we can try a saturday and see if we get a better response. I believe there was an issue with the DEP having already given the launch to another bass club for the 28th, so we took the 29th.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary, (Slimecoat)

Change of partners. Jim (SkeeterJim) has to back out AGAIN!!!! Twisted Evil

So I will be taking my son Zack (11). It's Ok I'll make my donation to the causel:

We're in it for the fun!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem SkeeterRon, I did that at an Amos Lake tourney early this year with my 15 year old, it's all quality time spent on the water. It doesn't get any better than that.

He may even catch a whopper, and be your new fishing partner and good luck charm.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry guys, I will have to back out of this one as my "former" partner SkeeterRon has kindly mentioned for me. On tournament day my wife and I will be enroute to JFK to take my daughter to the airport for her trip to Austria and being only 14 and her first time out of this country I already know this is going to be very emotional farewell for my wife so I ended up having the driving duty for the trip. Good luck guys and I hope to make the next one.
slimecoat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with your ordeal skeeter Jim.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skeeter Ron and I have gotten very few responses from anyone interested in participating in, or bringing food to the field day portion of this event, other than the few boats actually fishing the tournament, and a couple others.

Therefore, those who are fishing the tournament portion, we are looking for your input as to what you want to do.

We can do away with the picnic/ food portion of this day, and make this a 7am start, and weigh in at 3pm (standard tournament), with a 5 fish limit, and maybe get more boats to sign up last minute.

or

Keep it the way it is, 7am start with the weigh in at 11am, a 3 fish limit, and do away with the food portion.

or

Just leave it alone and see what happens, and have 10 people eating food. I was hoping to meet a bunch of you at the picnic portion of the day, that's kind of why I signed on for this, to meet new people, and maybe start a few new friendships in the fishing community. But if we only have a few people bringing food, and hanging out afterward, it's not worth the trouble, I'd rather stay on the water and fish all day.

Let us know what you think!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Slimecoat. I'll need all the luck I can get on the drive home listening to the wife for the 2 hour drive back! Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Tournaments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: