CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Tournaments
Viewing Topic: CTFishTalk Field Day 3 Fish Tournament 6/29 - CT River Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SkeeterRon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim,

Just pay for a limo for the girls and lets go fishing..

Slimecoat, since my day is plan'd around the half day I vote for that.

We can hang out afterwards.

Ron

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: Ct River Reply with quote

Hey Simecoat, Tileman and I are interested in a 8 hour tourny, but no matter what we will be there, How are we to know what to bring for food if we have our after tourny lunch, is there a sign up? I did have a tourny on East Twin but I would rather do the river
flippy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Ct River Reply with quote

Slimecoat, Lets start at 5 am
slimecoat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flippy, there is a food thread under general topics, post what you will be bringing for food so all will know what is already spoken for.

The permit from the DEP states a 7am start, and besides some of the older folk need their sleep. Were going to keep it a 7am start time.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im out. The tbf of RI is there the same morning. Dont want to deal with 50+ boats.
flippy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Ct River Tourny Reply with quote

The RI TBF,Who said they had 50 boats,I bet theres not even 20 and besides that who cares if theres 100 boats its all about fishing try fishing the STREN series or the BFL, put your boat in at 3 am fish hard all day for 8 hours then wait 3 hours to get your vehicle. Im not trying to flair up anything but the more Im on this sight the more I see people jumping into ya Ill do this then to find out they had something come up, shit when I make a plan to fish a tourny I better have a damn good excuse not to fish it like a death!!! I see people on this sight not fish a tourny because of rain WHAT Dont get me wrong, most people are pretty serious and some very serious, and Gary I know what goes into a tourny and the headaches you can have and I take my hat off to you for trying to get a little trail going, thats great!
chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the RI TBF will not pull 50 boats. Hell the CT TBF can only get 15-20 boats MAX to show up!!!!!
slimecoat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clear things up, the RI Club has a permit for 20 boats period, I just talked to Ilene at the DEP.,

Nick if you want out that's fine, but if you've ever been to Haddam meadows you know the size of that parking area, you could fit easily 100 trucks and trailers. They are fishing from 6am until 2pm. We are fishing from 7am until 11am, even with the food portion, (that you have not signed up for?), we will probably be out of there before they even come back to the launch at 2pm.

It's really too bad that we can't get any dediction to fishing anymore. As Flippy said, there are only a couple of really really good reasons that I would ever bow out of fishing a tournament, a death in the family, being so sick I can't get out of bed, or a motor vehicle accident on the way to a tournament. It certainly won't be rain / weather, a busy launch, or some other lame excuse. Just my 2 cents, nothing personal.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the Kudos Flippy.

At this point we have 5 boats still planning to attend plus a few others showing up for the food portion afterwards, the tournament is still on. We can make it a winner take all for the cash if you guys want to, and give out CTFishTalk.com T- shirts, bags of baits, locktite shirts and threadlocker samples for the other spots. I can'tbelieve that with all these free gifts we can't get more interest, it makes me sick to my stomach. What do we have to do, give out condoms and free passes to the local whorehouse to get guys to fish anymore?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slimecoat wrote:
Thanks for the Kudos Flippy.

I can'tbelieve that with all these free gifts we can't get more interest, it makes me sick to my stomach.

I hear ya man,. like I said ive tried running a couple already this summer and there just isnt enough interest. its too bad, i used to be able to get 10-12 for a Tin Can event, now i cant get more than 5 boats for a Beach Pond Night Tourney ????? WTF

IDK...and the Gas arguement is a cop out in my book. Look at it this way, say your vehicle gets 20 miles per gallon...and the trip is 100 miles round trip.

That means you use up 5 gallons. Three years ago when these tourneys seemed to be in full force gas was a touch below 2 bucks per gallon...that meand you would spend $20 in gas for a day. Today gas is $4.10 or so...that means you spend $40 in gas for the day.

So your telling me that $20 extra is killing people?? PLEASE...people wont spend some extra $$ to go fisha tourney but STARBUCKS profits were up in 2007 compared to 2006, and the 2008 earnings were up 2% in the first quarter of 2008....all the while admitting a "recent price increase that boosted sales"

What a joke.....

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of lame ass excuses guys. I laugh when someone posts up a tournament and the first like 10 people jump right in! " Oh Im in " "Count me in" "Yeah I love that place partner TBA" Then THEY ALL BOW OUT!

Nick, thats a lame excuse...... And even if there were going to be 50 boats (which theres not...theres going to be like 10 - 15) THATS NOTHING!!!! Stop whinning and fish..... unless youre intimidated by 20 other boats..........

DONT BE WEENIES GUYS! or at least dont commit to something and then back out. Not a good character trait...... I dont really want to fish a 5 boat tournament, but I already committed and Im not going to ruin it for the guys who already wanted to fish........

CT RIVER
Every Tuesday Night @ 5 p.m.
EAST HARTFORD LAUNCH
$10 Per Person
Winner Take All!
slimecoat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the support guys.

I for 1 am really looking forward to getting out and fishing, and also meeting some of you who I only know as screen names. I am giving up a Tourney at East Twin on the same day, I put all the leg work into this with Skeeter Ron, and it's very disappointing to only fish against 4 other boats, but like Justin said I am dedicated and commited to this and fishing in general, I am a die hard, and love the competativeness of tournament fishing. Nothing scares me away, weather, #'s of boats, lightning, boat traffic, possibly better fisherman, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and a better fisherman, being able to adapt to all these different situations should they arrise again.

So COWBOY UP and let's rip some lips.

By the way, for those of you who have never witnessed a DEP survey before, this is pretty cool stuff. The DEP is sending out a representative to measure and count our tournament catch. So after we weigh in, we will bring our fish to him at the waters edge, to have them measured and recorded before going back into the river, so the DEP can use this data in their fisheries reports. This is a very common occurance, and this information obtained is very usefull to all who fish Connecticut's waters.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Guys,

I've started sweet water fishing only a few years ago and I'm even staying in...

I'll most likely get my butt kick butt hey that's how I learn the tricks of the trade.

I've only fished the river maybe 6 times in three years, I know of only three locations and I don't doubt that you guys know the same locations and beat me there.

I'm in it for the fun and to show me son what real men do for fun. I wish SkeeterJim was still in I can use his knowledge so I don't feel Like I got raped at that the weight-in. However things are what they are and I'm still going.

So if in the distance you hear a still small voice screeming "FISH ON" you'll know it's me. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said SkeeterRon.

And I don't want to see or hear anybody backing out because of the threat of rain. In my opinion, the fish aren't going to get any wetter, any self respecting bass fisherman should have full rain gear, and besides, the threat of rain will keep most pleasure boaters off the river on Sunday, which will make for smoother rides from fishing hole to fishing hole. COWBOY UP

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was saturday before hand and wouldnt have a boat. Im back in for sunday- What do you need me to to bring gary?

Dusty- id love to see a cartopper/tin can trail start back up. I know Chris was talking about it and I know another kid that would be down for a few saturday T's or even weekday afternoon into night T's.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Tournaments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: