CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Derby stripers... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
asianfisher

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Landed 2 in about 15 mins and left the scene.. I got my fix for the day and they were 31" and 33"... Real fat ones too.....
PECo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. You got me now. Is Derby slow water with little boat traffic during the week? Where do you put in and where do you fish?

My little sit-inside kayak is S - L - O - W and subject to interior wetness, but I'd like to give striper fishing a try. I think you and Just4fun are nuts to land 36" fish in kayaks. I'd love to get one too, but I wouldn't mind trying from shore, either. What kind of lure and setup do you throw?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i fish from my kayak too the water can get get fast but not fast enough for you not to get back and die before you do. i fish below the dam left side which is naugy river that flows into the housy. from rt 34 down bottom of rt8 bridge. Lot of different holes and sections i fish topwater to bottom jiggin. but for topwater ive been right around the train bridge and had most of my fish there. on low-tide ive had my luck right where the two rivers meet. if you stroll down there you will see alot of people fishin from shore tryin to get to where you can get. be careful some guys can get cocky and throw baits right at you cause you get near that area they try to throw at...
asianfisher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh FYI cant take the kayak 1500 feet from the dam if you get to venturing around its over a 200.00 dollar fine... When ya plan on going phil? have weekends off most of the time so i go than and when i can get out just after work i try to go to... Let me know maybe can meet ya there or suttin...
PECo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, asianfisher. I'll let you know when I get a chance to head down there.

I'll be pretty busy this week. In an hour or so, I'll drive down to NJ to pick up my mother-in-law, who will stay with us all week. My son will turn 16 and also happens to have a band concert at school tomorrow, so she wants to surprise him. But since she'll be here all week, I might have to find an excuse to get out of the house for an hour or two. . . or six. . . .

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL yea just worked a 15 hour day and about to put the kayak on top of pathfinder and head to new haven for night kayak fishing... will let ya know..Under the q bridge......
asianfisher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

went out this morning before i had to be at work... Not to bad of a morning had bout 5 hits and landed one keeper 31" and one 25"... Extremely low tide when i was there... Catch and release this time still feeding off last weeks.... surprised to see guys out there this morning at that time must be cause everyone thinks lowtide is the way to go around the boat launch. LOL whatever lmfao... only one who got fish besides me was this dude that fly fishes faithfully down there... well CTR be ready for me saturday morning....
asianfisher

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to fish derby on incoming tide... Despite the skunk this morning imma redeem myself later... cant leave a fish less day... will post pics if i get some...
asianfisher

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't let get skunked today.... Sorry rob...LOL Had to redeem....
RobO

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:37 am    Post subject: Ahhh man.. Reply with quote

Your Killing me...

From shore or the kayak?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Ahhh man.. Reply with quote

from shore....
RobO

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe this weekend, we can meet up (on time) in derby and you can prove to me you are not buying these fish at the market and then taking pictures with them. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:12 pm    Post subject: Hey, RobO Reply with quote

Are you gonna get back into a kayak?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell no... LOL
Maybe in a lake or pond to start with.. Get some more experience first.
Need one that hols more than 300lbs though since I am 250.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This weekend is hectic going to NH for some fireworks than one of my cousins graduation party form med school. so will be busy with that than uncle from Michigan is coming back so i dont know what the deal is but i think as i always do i can squeeze something in... Action at derby slowed down alot om not sure if they are going to the mouth or not coming up cause of the dirtiest water ive ever seen in there has been coming down. Especially if im catching them in milford out in the sound. i'll keep everyone posted on my findings...might even have the boat out not to sure looking for sunday cause of fathers day... so shore fishing saturday from derby might just work...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: