CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: Double digits in CT??? Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Quint's Revenge

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys there is a small public lake up in old lyme no motors at all, this includes electric. The lake is full of alewives and other forage fish and it has been moderately stocked with trout over the years. The lake has good shoreline,excellent deep water cover and 1 nice area of flats. I was a hardcore bass fisherman for years but i gave it up 7 or 8 years ago,way too boring and the fish just aren't big enough for my taste, 6 and 8 pound fish are nice but just don't trip my trigger anymore, anyway; once or twice a year i head up to Lake X for a trout /bass combo trip because it gets little to no pressure and the trout are quite large. I have caught bass in the high 8's there and have seen fish 10+ in the shallows. Gentleman this is where the elusive 10 pounder will come from.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Double digits in CT??? Reply with quote

Just4fun wrote:
I know of a few 9-lbers in the last couple of years, but what do you guys think,...are we gonna ever see a 10-lber in CT??
................. well first i never new we had so many awsome anglers in ct great job guys. second my buddy cought this beast!! 2 years ago at a privet pond in manchester ct. he claims its 10 lbs i think 9+ link http://img20.imageshack.us/my.php?image=newimageqt1.jpg
Nickp

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great fat fish but unless your friend is 450+ (looks less) that fish goes 6lbs or less.
benr3110

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey nick ,just wondering how big is that hawg your holdin in you avatar, gotta be close to 10lbs ? is that a CT fish?
Just4fun

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nickp wrote:
Great fat fish but unless your friend is 450+ (looks less) that fish goes 6lbs or less.

I agree,..it's a nice fish but it's amazing how many 6 lbers turn into 10's when there's no scale around! Mr. Green Mr. Green
Nickp

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben, 8lb 3oz a week or two before the bass moved onto beds last year. End of may on a jig in CT
benr3110

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Nick, looks bigger , great catch, thanks for the reply
Nickp

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said the same thing ben Laughing
RaMPaGeBaSsMaN

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no but he is over 250 i think ... goes for about 6 now that i look at it...

Last edited by RaMPaGeBaSsMaN on Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:58 am; edited 2 times in total
ME_fisherman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there are some out there swimming around and they could be in just about any lake, but some that were mentioned came to my mind as well as having the best chance (Highland, CWood, East Twin, Cedar, Rodgers). Common element is alewives.

I don't have a clue how to make them bite though because I've seen a bunch more over five than I have caught. A few times they were following/looking at my bait, but no commitment. You know the old saying, "they didn't get that big being stupid." Yet I've only surpased 5 a few times and never caught a 6+.
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, I know where there will be a 10lber soon.............in Mike's bass tank at Tournament Force!!! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: