CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: Favorite spot for bass? Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SkeeterJim wrote:
5-6 years ago in one of those Big Bass Tournaments that are open to all who are willing to send their entry fee in and where the winner represents their home state and goes on to the championship somewhere down south as the winner for that particular year if they catch the biggest bass. Believe it or not the biggest bass at one point in time came from Batterson weighing over 9 lbs. Could not believe it but it was there on the web that one year and don't know if "that" bass ended up winning the angler a trip.

I have no problem believing that Batterson may have once held big bass...I have a hard time believing they're in there now.

*Billy Bob Thornton Slingblade voice* "Batterson mnnnnnnn hmmmmnnn t'aint got no bass in it."

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
PECo

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kira

It has a lot of 14- to 15- inch largemouth bass in it. The DEP guys I met today said an older guy told them he's pulled a few dozen keeper walleyes out of there.

Have you ever tried Ball Pond in New Fairfield? The DEP guys recommended it to me. They said it's "cartop only" (i.e., no trailered boats and no motors) and they documented a 26-inch largemouth bass while doing their electrofishing survey there earlier this year.

Phil

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black pond has some linkers in it and so does silver lake. Cant eat the fish out of silver lake but can in black pond. A lil secret for all you carp fishers. get some egg sac netting and mix bread and corn together and wrap them up just like oversized eggs sacs... You are good to go. lil trick i use to catch over 30 pounders just before salmon season to snap my rods so i can send them back and get new ones for the new season.....LMAO Seems like people are starting to meet up and go fishing would like to met some of the people on here...
anointed130

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to meet some people on here also. Maybe everybody should start wearing name tags when they go out fishing.

"Hello My name is (Insert name here)"

Can i be a fisher of fish too?

~Tony~
asianfisher

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anointed130 wrote:
I would like to meet some people on here also. Maybe everybody should start wearing name tags when they go out fishing.

LOL can always find me if im out there hence the name asianfisher. Maybe i can share a spot with alot of people in the amity area where you have to know people to fish it which is fine with me cause i know them they let me hunt and fish ova there. Gotta have a boat tho no gas motors and no loading so has to be small... Turtle sure some of the guys will help ya down to the water mostly fish from canoe or kayak have 5 kayaks and 2 canoes so maybe if i let use someone will by the beer or suttin....Just a thought...
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I require a name tag...if you see a blonde chick in a tiny white dinghy named "DINGHBAT" it's me. You guys are the ones who need name tags.
I have a small sit-on-top kayak stored next to Birge Pond in Bristol that I'd be happy to share if anyone wants to try their luck there. It's lacking in the equipment storage area, but if you don't require 4 rods and a suitcase full of tackle then you're welcome to fish from it if you help me carry my boat to the water. NO motors are allowed.

In other news, I hurt my lower back while carrying my battery up the stairs WRONG, so it looks like I'll be ready to fish around the time this nice weather ends.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that Kira. And I was just wondering the other day why Turtlekiss hasn't been posting fishing reports.......now I know why. Hope the back gets better soon.

Jim
anointed130

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering the same thing as skeeter. I hope you feel better.

Can i be a fisher of fish too?

~Tony~
DV

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anointed130 wrote:

Haha if you see an idiot in sandals with big holes in his ears carrying 4 poles and fishing from shore thats me. Or if you see an angry man in a 12ft tan canoe fighting the current in the CT river that is me. Or again if you see an idiot get a lure hung up and watch him wade/swim the river or lake that is for sure me, I really need to stop that one.
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DV wrote:
anointed130 wrote:

Haha if you see an idiot in sandals with big holes in his ears carrying 4 poles and fishing from shore thats me. Or if you see an angry man in a 12ft tan canoe fighting the current in the CT river that is me. Or again if you see an idiot get a lure hung up and watch him wade/swim the river or lake that is for sure me, I really need to stop that one.

I would suggest you stop fishing the river from your canoe if the current causes anger. Maybe look into getting yourself a nice little anchor. Razz

TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SkeeterJim wrote:
Sorry to hear that Kira. And I was just wondering the other day why Turtlekiss hasn't been posting fishing reports.......now I know why. Hope the back gets better soon.

Jim

SkeeterJim wrote:
I was wondering the same thing as skeeter. I hope you feel better.

Thank you...I'm wearing a ThermaChix (heatwrap with frozen chicken breasts stuffed in it instead of heat pads.) It's working really well.

DV

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol I have an anchor and it works well enough when I decide to use it. But I like to drift and have my eyes one a trolling motor, one can only paddle for so long.
asianfisher

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frozen chicken??? Its crabbing season already? LMAO J/K get well soon, back injuries can get serious so mack sure you take care of it... You look young too and have a long way to go.... Bristol is next town ova from me so will be easy for me to go there.. Was at farmington this evening and heard phil was way down stream and lost paddle.. done that few times have like 3-4 mix matched ones in garage...
Bass Sniper

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAHAHAHA DV described me perfectly......
On twenty-pound test "
Bluegill Terminator

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm easy to find just look for the black bass pro hat and a flannel shirt and a doubled over St. Croix... Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: