CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Tournaments
Viewing Topic: GARDNER LAKE *** THE PAIRINGS ARE UP *** (((UPDATED))) Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBeave will not be able to make it guys. I PMed Justin but just so everyone knows.
pdcrack

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just a thought, but now does pointing dog fish with stinky?
Would only make sense to me...
chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats what I would think. We will have to see what Justin says.
Justin Tralli

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats ok not a problem thestinkycrappie will fish with PointingDog!

This is not going to be a problem!

CT RIVER
Every Tuesday Night @ 5 p.m.
EAST HARTFORD LAUNCH
$10 Per Person
Winner Take All!
Just4fun

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still looks like an excellent field,....Good luck everyone!! (Except for Johnny, who wouldn't give me any tips on the place!! Razz Razz Razz Razz )

ps Justin,..good job pairing Chuck and Ryan together,..those guys'll never get along!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just4fun wrote:
Still looks like an excellent field,....Good luck everyone!! (Except for Johnny, who wouldn't give me any tips on the place!! Razz Razz Razz Razz )

ps Justin,..good job pairing Chuck and Ryan together,..those guys'll never get along!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

LOL.... Laughing What are the chances? 1-81 something like that???? Shocked Laughing
MIKE REZ

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Gary i was thinking Mark and wrote Gary my bad. it's was a brain fart Rolling Eyes
cobalt

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

one hour drive here i come!
bigbeave1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry guys for backing out last min i just started a new job any results ??

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where are the results??!?!!!!!
Johnny Skeeter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bite was slow for most,we caught one keeper(threw it back before weight in) I think justin and his partenr won,but not sure...They had 5.
chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know

1. Rich B / Will R and lunker
2. Mike Rez / PDcrack

7. Chuckc-RyanG.
8.Johnny Skeeter / DJmon

I don't remember the rest.
Justin Tralli

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a great day! Thanks to everyone for coming! I know many of you came a long way to join us! I really appreciated it and I enjoyed hanging out with all of you. Saturday was a great time! I actually enjoyed the cookout afterward a hell of alot better than the fishing! I hope our non-boaters that dont get to go out much, enjoyed themselves and maybe learned alittle something!

The day was tough for everyone. The only fish worth catching, I lost at the boat but what can ya do? My partner and I had our limit in about an hour but couldnt cull much. We culled 3...We caught our fish on DD22's and Fatfree shads. The fish I lost at the boat was at least four but whatever..... I wanted to blow my head off..... Smile

Congrats to Rich, Will, Mike Rez and PDcrack for cashing

1st- Rich/Will 8.56 4 fish
2nd- Mike Rez/PDCrack 6.42 5 fish
3rd- Justin/Steve 6.21 5 fsih

lunker - 2.91 largemouth- Will

Thanks again to everyone for coming! I hope you all enjoyed yourselves! Please let me know if you all enjoyed the draw format! Gary and I would like to run another one of you guys liked it! I think everything went pretty smooth and we actually even started on time!!

It was very nice to meet all of you and I hope I get the chance to hang out and fish with my new friends again soon!

- Justin Tralli

CT RIVER
Every Tuesday Night @ 5 p.m.
EAST HARTFORD LAUNCH
$10 Per Person
Winner Take All!
Just4fun

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a great time,...the fishing was "okay",..probably good for a contest, since you really had to work for them,....but I was glad it ended when it did and I agree that the picnic was a big part of the fun!

I liked the draw format,..mainly because it gave a chance to some folks that don't normally get to fish tourneys, so i'd vote to do it again as long as you can get enough participants! As far as a venue goes,..I vote for the river next time just because it is the most centrally located for everyone and Haddam has plenty of room for the cookout,..(which will become a mandatory part of it from now on Wink )!

Thanks again for puttin it together and congrats to the winners! Also thanks to kidbass for being a great partner,..it was very nice fishing with you!! Very Happy
slimecoat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello guys,

I had a great time at this event, and congrats to all the winners, and my hats off to those who caught them on this very tough day of fishing. Thanks Justin for taking the ball and running with it on this one. I still need to look at the calendar to see if I can squeeze in another. I like the draw format, anytime I can get in a boat with another angler that I haven't fished with, is a nice change, and hopefully we can share information and both pick up a new bait or technique. It is even better when your co angler is new to the sport, and wants to sponge up all kinds of information. Good luck fishing Cobalt, and hope to see you at the next event.

I need to again say thanks to John from the Empty Lake Bass Club, for letting us use their scale.

The fishing was piss poor, to say the least. We all thought with the cloudy overcast / foggy conditions, in the first 3 hours, that we would have a very productive day. We were all mistaken! My partner Cobalt and I managed to pick up 3- 12 inch plus keepers, for about 3.5 lbs. They were all relating to weedbeds in 6 to 10 feet of water,and we got them on a black and blue jig, a red rattle trap, and a drop shot. We both caught big pickeral, and Cobalt picked up a large sunfish. The topwater bite was non existant, and the fishing was painfully slow. Thank god it was only a 6 hour event.

The cookout was definately the highlight of the day. Thanks to all who brought food and cooking supplies. Too many laughs to count and the food was excellent as usual. Who ever made and brought the pasta salad, please pm me with your recipe, I really enjoyed it.

Gary
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Tournaments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: