CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: Go be a tv star and possibly kick start a pro career! Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phish

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falcon Lake, Zapata, Texas. Nice call, Phil! About a year and 3 months ago. The lake was 15 feet higher than it's "normal" levels and the fishing was actually really tough. From what I hear it's back to normal pool now and I highly recommend going there. However, keep in mind that it's a border town and half the lake is in Mexico and there are dangers.

Kira, the great thing about the big worms is that you are not going to exclude smaller fish by using them. Certainly not unheard of to catch a 12 inch bass on a 10 inch worm. For example...http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4071678

Reaction Innovations makes a worm called the Big Unit that's 9.5 inches and I love their colors. Mike was using Berkley power worms.
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jed thanks for sharing the videos that was awesome! Man did I feel bad for you when you lost your fish. You are one lucky dude man getting to fish with Mike. How did this come about, you hooking up with Mike Ike?

Jim
Phish

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning, Jim. Former producer with ESPN Outdoors. We were shooting a short series called "Fishing on the Edge" that I created. We did episodes on giant worms, stroking jigs, crashing cranks, jerking spinnerbaits, deep weighting swimbaits, and power-shotting. 3 days with Mike in tough conditions doing specialized techniques was incredible in terms of learning. I was at ESPN for 9 years and worked on fishing and hunting shows for 5. It was a wonderful opportunity that I will always cherish, but I left in December to go to graduate school and pursue another career path that would allow me to spend more time with my family.
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!! Jed thanks for the info. I bet that was one period in your life where you truly loved going to work although as you mentioned the trade-off was less time with the family. Gotta go with the priorities.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: