CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: Go be a tv star and possibly kick start a pro career! Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phish

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:38 am    Post subject: Go be a tv star and possibly kick start a pro career! Reply with quote

Found this on bassfan:

Ike issues casting call 6/8/2010
Mike Iaconelli is in the process of developing a reality TV show in which contestants will compete for a sponsored entry into a professional tournament series. A boat and equipment will be provided for the winner's use.

Potential contestants can be male or female, but must be between the ages of 18 and 25. To be considered, send a video stating your name, where you're from and how you got into fishing in 3 minutes or less, and then include some fishing footage to prove you have what it takes.

Videos should be sent to Blinde Design, 22 Howard St., Suite 5A, New York, NY 10013. Make sure to include an e-mail address and phone number.

Videos will be accepted after the deadline, but will be reviewed after the first group has been processed. For more information, go to MikeIaconelli.com or call (212) 925-7208.
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dam, wish i was younger. That is cool.

Justin
PECo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:47 am    Post subject: Hey! Reply with quote

Quick! Someone tell metalfish about this!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To bad I don't have any fishing footage to show that I have what it takes. Sad
Phish

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my video footage showing that I DON'T have what it takes...

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4071680

At least the one I caught at the end was a 6-2. I got the 6-10 in my avatar photo the day before....

Ike is a fantastic person and is great to work with. Anyone that qualifies by age and is a good stick should really give this some thought. Certainly nothing to lose. My educated guess would be that the tape you put together should be no longer than the three 3 minutes and should show as much of your personality as it does your fishing. Think about the successful reality shows...they're about the people, so they'll be looking for people with traits that make for good television.

If anyone is serious about this and would like some guidance or help putting together a tape, let me know and I'll give you some pointers.
toptech

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn....Looks like I have a lot of fishing and a lot of recording to do....your right Jed this should make a lot of people start thinking. The Video has to be in New York by the 15th for first considerstion everyone. They will lokk at it if its late but it seems to be a first come first serve basis.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dammit , now I need to actually learn how to fish... Do I get extra points if I revive and use an old bastardized mike ike combo?

Phish you looked upset losing that fish!
Phish

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am haunted by that fish, DV. You don't see it, but I laid there for about a full 2-3 minutes before I got up. The next day, Ike caught the equivalent of a 34 pound bag and I caught a limit of 20 while we were putting together the series "Fishing on the Edge." His 10-pounder was a sight to behold, and to know I had one on and within arm's length is tough to forget. He's right though. I did learn. I certainly won't be fishing for giants without a net in the future.

Here's the episode with the 10-pounder. My heart about jumped out of my chest when that thing broke the water.
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4039329
metalfish

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im 27 so I'm out Twisted Evil
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jed - how were you not swearing up a storm in that clip? Losing that fish looked about 100 times more painful than losing a custom rod to Pickerel Lake.

Also: I'm older than 25 and pissed.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
Phish

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's kinda like injuries, Kira. When you stub your toe, you feel dumb on top of the pain and curse up a storm; however, you break you leg and there's that element of doom and shock that sort of takes over and for me it was just silent hell. Trust me, though....there were plenty of "how the F did that happens" for the next 24 hrs. Laughing
PECo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where WERE you fishing that the bass were so big? Texas?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phish wrote:
I think it's kinda like injuries, Kira. When you stub your toe, you feel dumb on top of the pain and curse up a storm; however, you break you leg and there's that element of doom and shock that sort of takes over and for me it was just silent hell. Trust me, though....there were plenty of "how the F did that happens" for the next 24 hrs. Laughing

OMG, just saw the 10-pounder video for the first time. I'll be chucking snakes for the next week at least. Where was that????

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
RobO

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn. I just watched the video of the 10 lb lunker that got away. It almost brought a tear to my eyes.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just yell no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for a long long time when I lose a fish....

I think I might try and make a video
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: