CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Kayak Fishing
Viewing Topic: Have you guys ever organized a "get together"?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChaoSki

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:47 pm    Post subject: Have you guys ever organized a "get together"? Reply with quote

I know # of guys meet up here and there and there has been some tournaments as well. I'm just wondering if there has ever been CTFishTalk kayak get together yet?

Maybe we should shoot for something later on the year (fall) in the center of CT and make it a yearly thing?

If we can get some interest I will make a post and maybe take a vote on a place.

no competition, just straight up come out and fish, spend some time with fellow fish yakers. Bring your lunch and maybe we can all chip in for some hot dogs etc and grill something up.

Any thoughts?
PECo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeap:

http://www.ctfishtalk.com/winchester-lake-10-21-t10713.html#.VZxmFY3bK00

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chaoski,
Unfortunately some of the get togethers such as the one Phil referenced, are not widely advertised on this site.

There are many people that will publicly invite forum members to come along for some yak fishing, while others have never extended the public invite. I can certainly understand both perspectives and of course its a person's prerogative whether they choose to invite others.

For the last two years I have extended public invites for local yak trips, with no takers.

If my schedule permits I would be happy to join some yakfish togethers.
PECo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coastieyaker wrote:
Unfortunately some of the get togethers such as the one Phil referenced, are not widely advertised on this site.

Pete, that get-together WAS "advertised" on CTFishTalk and certainly open to all:

http://www.ctfishtalk.com/oct-21st-get-together-t10666.html#.VZz23or3bCQ

Mase2020 (aka Alan) also posts ahead of time about the kayak fishing tourneys that he organizes. However, the turnout is often small; we had only six kayaks at the last one. Some like to talk about fishing, while others like to actually go fishing. 😉

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the last 2 tournaments there was talk of having a few get togethers, possibly even an after work meet up, but nothing ever came to fruition. It's Summer, people with families are traveling and varying work schedules make planning difficult.

I typically get out 1-2 weekdays in the yak from 5:30ish till dark and am always open to company. I'm a creature of habit though, always fish the same spots...Babcock, Moodus Res, Salmon Cove or Mattabassett...since they're close to home.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
Yeap:

http://www.ctfishtalk.com/winchester-lake-10-21-t10713.html#.VZxmFY3bK00

That was 4 years ago hehe
PECo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaoSki wrote:
That was 4 years ago hehe

The great thing is that I still fish with some of the guys whom I met at that get-together. Thumbs Up

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Phil..
The intention with my original reply to the OP was to identify the lack of invitations that are publicly sent out for yakfish trips, via this medium.

You are fortunate to have found a solid group of folks to join you, but perhaps that is becoming more rare due to increased responsibilities for most of us.

Perhaps because you have found a steady flow of people to fish with, the topic does not resonate as strongly. But I can certainly say with confidence that I wish more invites were publicly made, which would allow me to join those with a likeness to the sport
Dan1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's become rare because this site has really slowed down. How many fishing reports do you see on here anymore?
PECo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still go fishing a lot, but it kinda sucked when Michael and I were the only ones posting fishing reports with any details.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, noticed not many are posting anymore...

Well, maybe we can get something organized towards fall.
PRO12

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:01 pm    Post subject: Love to from my kayak Reply with quote

I for one would love company fishing from a kayak I only went 1 time freshwater with my yak It's finding the time. I fish the Housatonic River Mouth when I get a chance to fish. It's hard to invite people because if your not a Stratford town resident there is no place to launch unless you want to pay some redickuless parking fee😠 most of the shoreline Towns are the same.
I think a gettogether would be nice timing is everything☺
PRO12

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:02 pm    Post subject: Love to from my kayak Reply with quote

I for one would love company fishing from a kayak I only went 1 time freshwater with my yak It's finding the time. I fish the Housatonic River Mouth when I get a chance to fish. It's hard to invite people because if your not a Stratford town resident there is no place to launch unless you want to pay some redickuless parking fee😠 most of the shoreline Towns are the same.
I think a gettogether would be nice timing is everything☺
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Kayak Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: