CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: Help, I have spinnerbait fear syndrome Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
perfect hook set

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the big companies are playing these fish to attack certain colors and sizes at certain times so that we go blow a wad of money on different colors and sizes making these companies rich!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This 5lb 12oz pre-spawn female liked the white spinnerbait.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
DirtyDawg10

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! I almost boated a 9" +/- LMB on a spinnerbait yesterday...lol...wasn't heavy enough to set the hook on I guess.
mikey5string

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to revive and older topic but I just got back from a local pond and got 3 nice bass with a black/chart buzz bait and a white/chart spinner with gold colorado blades.

I was fishing a wacky senko and catching all dinks so I decided to throw the spinners. I dont fish them nearly as much as plastics but I'm glad I did. The bigger fish were hammering them. Smaller ones would hit it but never take the hook. When I got one on, I knew it was decent.

IMO, Nothing beats a topwater hit on a buzzbait, not even a frog. Watching that little buzzing wake making a line in the water and just get t-boned is awesome.

I took photos but I swear my big hands make the fish look small. I am going to use a tape measure from now on!

Turtlekiss, that bass looks HUGE!! If I lipped that thing it would look like a 3 pounder : (

I think a huge part of success with a lure is confidence. If you throw something and get a nice fish on it right away, that bait is burned into your memory as your "go to lure". You fish it more, vary presentation, take more casts.

You really dont put work into lures that havent produced for you. Lures work best when you put work into them. Its a paradox.

On another note. I was taking the senkos the bass ripped and hooking them all over; nose, halfway, 1/4 way, I sliced the tail in half to make a twin tail, sliced it into quarters and fished it like a jerkbait, kept them on the top with my rod tip high, fished half senkos, jigged them.... caught fish on all methods.

I dont think its so much the "senko" as it is the thought that this bait WILL produce so I will work it until it does!
mikey5string

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW I took the trailers off my spinnerbaits. I think the skirts and blades are enough, sometimes less is more....

Thinking of doing it with a few of my jigs as well. The skirt really has great action itself, sometimes the trailer impedes or detracts from it.
PECo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree about the trailer hooks. I seem to lose more fish with a trailer hook than without. Plus, when there are any weeds at all, a spinnerbait with a trailer hook snags up much more than one without. If I got a lot of short strikes, however, I'd probably put one on.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I meant trailers like craws or grubs on the jig hook. I dont use trailer hooks, I figure if the fish didnt take the hook it wasnt big enough.....thats what i tell myself.
Fisherman100

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: SPinns Reply with quote

Yeah, my spinnerbaits work well, if im on a wall, ill cast to the right or the left of the wall, i fish it along the wall. It works great got 5 3- 6 pounders this year on a double blade.
Facebook.com/LorenzoNReyes
SmOoTh OpErAtOr !!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely love spinnerbaits ! Got atleast one tied up ready to go every fishing trip now if I could say the same for crankbaits we'd be good!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: