CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Housatonic river Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
asianfisher

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet deal... Will let you know about sidejob and times i usually hit the upper farnington canton up river....to hoggs back
Crest Daddy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got there around 7:30. Casted for half an hour then went for pizza. Went back for another hour and a half and got nothing last night. Water was cold as ice. Gonna wait til we get a couple warmer days to go back up. That seems to wake them up a little.
Crest Daddy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went tonight. Cold as ICE!!! A few others came and went as well. No luck. Did see a guy across and downstream pull in a few. Cant wait for warmer days.
Crest Daddy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heading up there now. Temp over freezing sounds like good fishing. Let you know how i make out.
DaveyDave

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how did u do?? a few guys i heard killed them up there today on a 15ft bass boat about 60 bass and 20 salmon....
Crest Daddy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did lousy. There were 3 guys in the water and i didnt want to cramp them. Couldn't really reach the hole from where i was throwing. Dudes pulled 3 fish in the hour i was there. 2 shorts and 1 keeper.
Was a nice night though
Crest Daddy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might go up and try for salmon. Anybody know what to throw for them? Never fished them b4. Thanks.
asianfisher

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go up to campville northfield area is best... becanfalls has them to but dont know where they hang out... roster tails and raps. i seen spinners catch them i use large flies for them.... 2" flies... would like to get out but have to work right now......
Crest Daddy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's north of dirty water? correct? That'll be like an hour from me. I may try hunting around beacon falls since it's closer and i dont know either area. Maybe tomorrow. Holler if you can go too. Do you think the rains we had will have an ill effect on catching them?? How wide is the river up there?? I may have to pick up some light line for my 6' rod to be able to cast the small lures. Thanks man.
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crest Daddy wrote:
That's north of dirty water? correct? That'll be like an hour from me. I may try hunting around beacon falls since it's closer and i dont know either area. Maybe tomorrow. Holler if you can go too. Do you think the rains we had will have an ill effect on catching them?? How wide is the river up there?? I may have to pick up some light line for my 6' rod to be able to cast the small lures. Thanks man.

I might be interested in going tomorrow. I actually need to find some slow, open water to test out the action of my handpoured baits. It will probably be more exciting than actually catching fish. PM me your info and what time you want to go.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
asianfisher

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes north of dirtywater.... exit 41 or suttin like that northfield campville exit take right and you will pull up to bridge with water and look around there holes up or down from bridge... in the naugy for salmon... becan falls is rough to find them with nothing holding them up like up there... Kinda lil falls they cant get up unless wild or flooded....
Crest Daddy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got back from the housy. The wind was brutal out of the south. We were there 30 mins and i mentioned that maybe we should try another spot. Just then bam! My new X-Rap i got from dicks today got slammed. I Fought this bass for 10 mins. Got it close then it peeled my line out like nothing 3 or 4 times. The last time it gave a strong head shake then shook the lure or so i thought. I ended up reeling in just the lip of the lure. So bummed. Was a good 15lb fish or more. Right after that my buddy got a 32"er on a bomber. Then nothing but freezing for about 45 mins so we split. I'm going back to Dick's tomorrow with the lip to see if i can get another X-Rap. I can't believe it cracked off. BUMMER!!! This ever happen to anybody else???
PECo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL! Not like that, but they break pretty easily if you hit a bridge piling with them. Confused

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it was kinda funny after all. Another big fish story to tell anyway.
Crest Daddy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow it's 54 degrees out!!! I bet the bass will be moving!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: