CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Housy Big Girl Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As SD said about weight, I wouldn't be holding the fish perfectly like that either if it was so big and heavy.

The pic of me holding the 36" 17 pound 7 ounce striper shows me bending forward a bit and the rear weight of the fish down more than the front.
SheltonTom

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's all just lighten up a bit here. It's a nice fish. Not the biggest, not the smallest. I am sure he had a nice day on the water catching it. After all, size doesn't matter.
Sea Duck

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael wrote:
As SD said about weight, I wouldn't be holding the fish perfectly like that either if it was so big and heavy.

The pic of me holding the 36" 17 pound 7 ounce striper shows me bending forward a bit and the rear weight of the fish down more than the front.

I was just trying to be funny... a little....I have a a bad shoulder so I could not hold up a 10# fish for a good photo...like I said....it's a commercial...nobody likes commercials. Does not mean anyone is envious or childish. It's a commercial, with a jolly big fish..it should be on a box of Wheaties...I did not see anything condemning other than people jumping on people who are poking fun at ......................a commercial
SD

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny, I see a really nice photo of a fisherman holding a really nice fish.

You see a commercial. Others see a boast or a deception. I think that says more about you than it does about Paul Mueller or the photo. And what it says isn't very complimentary.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SheltonTom wrote:
Let's all just lighten up a bit here. After all, size doesn't matter.

Laughing
Weekly reports from around CT, the LIS and beyond.
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you delete posts! I'll get rid of this one!

Nice RNA! Good meeting you the other day!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although we did generate a lot of attention with over 1000 views. LOL

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
Funny, I see a really nice photo of a fisherman holding a really nice fish.

You see a commercial. Others see a boast or a deception. I think that says more about you than it does about Paul Mueller or the photo. And what it says isn't very complimentary.

I see a guy with a really nice fish. He obviously is practiced at photography in order to promote a commercial enterprise. Where exactly did I say that was good or bad?

I did see people cast judgements on a few comments people made regarding that point and that those were less friendly in spirit than the comments that were being criticized.

Though that was worth pointing out in lighthearted friendly fashion..which I did.

Pretty sure that sums me up pretty well as I do the same in all arenas of life. Speaking up when I think someone is unfairly judging may be the only character trait I possess that I am proud of. If my intention was understood as something else it was either poorly articulated, for which I apologize, or some impediment exists to it being seen.

As an additional note I would say that had the photo actually been posted by the angler who caught it, I doubt very much that anyone here would have posted anything but "nice catch", but this was in fact not posted in that fashion. It was posted by a third party with a commercial link and the criticisms put upon the "critics" is the least friendly thing I have read here.
SD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: