CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Housy Big Girl Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:06 pm    Post subject: Housy Big Girl Reply with quote

That Paul Muller, Connecticut Bass Pro. Can't tell ya his spot or what he used. You know how upset every one gets when we share secrets. Maybe http://www.paulmuellerfishing.com/ he'll tell ya how here. By the way the was caught yesterday 4/4 2014.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he does a great job of making the fish look huge!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CD brought up a good point. Carefully look at his hands in the pic and the fish's back. With the fish's back, you'll see how he's really sticking that striper out!
PECo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the biggest daytime striper I've seen since the 44 incher I saw last December. Paul Mueller is having an incredible year.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't doubt his abilities, his website speaks to it but this picture looks TOTALLY superimposed. Why the difference in brightness between the fish and his face?? Looks a lot like fall in the background to me, not spring-like at all. Just sayin!!! If it is real, "can't tell you what he used"??????? If it is spring, only one thing that could be - herring (which so happen to be off limits!)
NorthEastFisherman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chunks wrote:
don't doubt his abilities, his website speaks to it but this picture looks TOTALLY superimposed. Why the difference in brightness between the fish and his face?? Looks a lot like fall in the background to me, not spring-like at all. Just sayin!!! If it is real, "can't tell you what he used"??????? If it is spring, only one thing that could be - herring (which so happen to be off limits!)
looks like he is using a wide lens camera (notice the white about and below the picture) so the quality could be the reason for that, then you add affects (like how you can on instagram if you ever have used that app) and then you get this photo that looks like that. I would show you my photos of instagram posts but its such a Hassel for me to do. Its definitely a good sized fish but obviously you can never tell from the photo. I remember someone on here doing an experiment on this same thing. Unless there's a tape measure, then I never believe the length or weight.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes

Last edited by LUNKERBASSERFISHING on Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
PECo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's disappointing how envy makes some people so childish. . . .

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo wrote:

peco.... the only childish person here is mr. hold my bass 5 ft in front of me.

no one here "envies" someone who constantly makes all his fish look huge when they are clearly not that large

look at his website, those 6lb smallies look like 15 lbers!

that bass is nice fish no doubt, but no bigger then 25 lbs. He makes it look like a 40lb fish by holding it that far out, and any fisherman worth his salt will see that right away.
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo wrote:

Agreed!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wanting to see an honest photo is childish?
Jeez....

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crest Daddy wrote:
Jeez....

An "honest" photo? Sometimes a photo is just a photo. . . .

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a nice healthy fish and the perspective makes it appear far larger than it likely was. Want to show off "huge" catches? Just invest in a good digital SLR camera and learn how to use it. Holding the fish with the fingers tucked helps take away the reference. The fish isn't superimposed. Daytime flash really makes a fish pop and digital editing can enhance color. It used to be that we all just lied about our fish, as cameras were seldom present on the water, then digital photography meant you could photograph every damn fish caught, and eventually fishermen became pretty adept at lying with cameras. It's just evolution.
Weekly reports from around CT, the LIS and beyond.
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
Crest Daddy wrote:
Jeez....

An "honest" photo? Sometimes a photo is just a photo. . . .

Ah! It's just not worth the effort Phil! It's obvious that most in this forum are content with their desire to continue to struggle to get better and fail than listen to those that are not.

We know what we do have and, don't have a need to prove anything to the world. Just pure pleasure of enjoying the water. Big fish or not.

If self perceived discrepancies generate so much effort to knock it than we have nothing to worry about when it come to our spots and techniques. Those that would normally concern us are to busy spending their time on the internet nit picking what we do instead of trying learn what we do! LOL

Instead of learning how to improve their fishing skills they improve their Keyboard Warrior talent!

If as much effort was placed into their fishing skills as were placed into their Key Board talent you and I might actually learn something.

Please refer to the bottom of my "Signature." It's there for a reason!

If it will please the disgruntled I'll delete the post!

Wait till ya see the photos and spots that I post this year! If this photo annoyed ya you'll need a beer for the new ones.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first instinct was to post a brief summary about the practice of ostracism in ancient Greek civilization, citing analogs as to it's purpose, implementation, and effectiveness, but.....maybe a different direction instead.

This is a community site for anglers. It is generally friendly and non competitive.
Perhaps the fact that this photo is not only of high quality but it is also optimized to capture a very favorable view of what is a pretty big fish in the first place is problematic. As this picture was created by or for a professional angler it is the product of a commercial enterprise. I am sure the practice of obtaining the best possible photo is not only a habit with every fish photographed, but essential to his commercial viability. The rest of us get a couple of snaps, weigh it if we can, and post it up.

Not to offend anyone here, but many of the pictures of fish that we all share, here or elsewhere, come out pretty poor, especially at night. I include my own in that statement. Most of mine are so bad I don't even bother carrying a camera anymore. That being said, I do not think anyone here really cares. If it can be seen that it is a nice looking fish and someone looks happy about having caught it then it is good enough and captures the spirit of fishing. It is one among many reasons we tune in here. I doubt anyone will argue with that.

To conclude, I do not think anyone is being unreasonable here in their response to a commercial being posted here. Neither do I think anyone is being unreasonable in their response to the response of those who think a commercial may be out of place in this forum. Perhaps the conclusions I have come to and tried to articulate here might illuminate the reasons behind some of the comments made.
Personally, If I had a fish that large I would not be physically strong enough to hold it with extended arms without wincing from the pain of exertion, which would likely have more perceptual effect on a viewer than if my knuckles dragged on the ground from freakishly long arms.

Perhaps I should have gone the ostracism route and left my .02 a little more abstract, but I will leave it as is.
Cheers,
SD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: