CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Is anyone going out today? 1/2/10 Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:02 am    Post subject: Is anyone going out today? 1/2/10 Reply with quote

i want to go out today, but im wondering if the rain did damage? what you guys think?
PECo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be too scared to venture out on the ice today, The warmth and rain has already melted most of the snow in my yard.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah your right, but im thinking it will just be a sluch pit on the ice and the black ice underneath will still be safe. i was out on Nod Brook yesterday afternoon and with a huge slush pit.
PECo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where's your Nod Brook report?!?! Like the bad guy said to Dirty Harry, I gots to know!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Nod Brook report is pretty lame. i got there around 2 fished the upper pond 2 other groups out there. Slow for them too i saw them getting flags but missing fish, i was fishing about 100 yards from the duck blind and caught a yellow, and a nice size pickeral but that was it. i missed a few flags but it was a pretty slow day. i heard earlier in the week they were jigging up perch everywhere but nothing was being jigged up yesterday. but if your thinking about fishing there, there is no need for an auger because theres holes everywhere.
PECo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I'll probably check it out tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i might try a little jigging today. im in simsbury but im headed up to storrs and might try a place called tift pond which is right by campus. its a great place because you still have to walk about a half mile to get there so i rarely see people fishing. anyway its relatively shallow and im just going to drill holes every couple of feet on my way out.
jonnyfly00

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phil did you pick up any tackle yet from cabelas?
PECo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:15 pm    Post subject: Oh, yeah! Reply with quote

Jon

Cabela's didn't have any hand augers, but I'll pick up one at Dick's, for which I have a $10 off $50 purchase coupon, anyway. I got a spud, a scooper, Yaktrax™ XTR Extreme cleats, a heavy Ugly Stik combo, a super light St. Croix combo, some four and six pound fishing line, some ice fishing jigs, some waxworms, Gulp maggots and tiny soft plastic crawfish to put on the jigs, some Sabiki rigs for smelt, and a bag of three inch Senkos (yes, I'm gonna try it). I also got some spinnerbaits and five inch Senkos for open water, and a stuffed largemouth bass plushie to hang in my bar.

If you're back in Simsbury, I'll probably check out Nod Brook with Kira tomorrow.

Phil

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

now that you got the bass plushie everyone know you're legit. im down to check out nod brook and i have a decent hand auger. what time? my friend mason might want to go as well.
PECo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would that be McMason?

I'd like to head out early, but I'm not sure when Kira would be able to get there. I'm cautious enough (okay, scared enough) that I wouldn't go out on the ice by myself. Would you be up for early?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whats early? 7 am? that would be fine. im in storrs right now but i'll prob head back tonight so i dont have to get up even earlier. we can also check out the backwater section of the farmington by curtiss. ive seen holes drilled all over that place.
PECo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

7:30.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey PECO the pond has some open water from where the stream flows in. walk the trail to the far side, then get onto the ice and make your way past the second little island about 100 yards from the duck blind theres about 8-9inches of black ice. but im not sure what the rain did to it so dont count on my posts please. but be safe and good luck
Maximillion

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Oh, yeah! Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
Jon

Cabela's didn't have any hand augers, but I'll pick up one at Dick's, for which I have a $10 off $50 purchase coupon, anyway. I got a spud, a scooper, Yaktrax™ XTR Extreme cleats, a heavy Ugly Stik combo, a super light St. Croix combo, some four and six pound fishing line, some ice fishing jigs, some waxworms, Gulp maggots and tiny soft plastic crawfish to put on the jigs, some Sabiki rigs for smelt, and a bag of three inch Senkos (yes, I'm gonna try it). I also got some spinnerbaits and five inch Senkos for open water, and a stuffed largemouth bass plushie to hang in my bar.

If you're back in Simsbury, I'll probably check out Nod Brook with Kira tomorrow.

Phil

hahahaha The bass plushie I was about to buy it too. I went to Cabelas on Thursday and they ahd hand augers, I bought the Mora of course, worked great. Does anyone know when the ice will be back in good shape since were getting cold weather starting tonight.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: