CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: Joining the bucket brigade Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moondoggy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im surprised sportsman havent got together and got some kind of petition together to boycott these license hikes.on line or baitshops or something.Maybe a truckload of fish carcasses on capital steps would help them smell the roses.No sportsmen in office i guess.To busy counting money.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI, here's a place you can find info. on trying to help out with your delima. Along with all the contacts you need to do so. It's easy, dosn't cost anything but a few minutes and can only help. You don't have to join the site to get this info. if you decide to just tell them i sen't you. LOLOL. Laughing

http://www.nbssportfishing.com/vBforum/f48/where-protests-12863/

All that truly matters in the end is that you LOVED !!!!
Johnny Skeeter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem is,when you call the DEP office..NOBODY WILL BE THERE AS THEY HAVE ALL BEEN LAID OFF CUASE THE STATE HAS NO FRICKIN MONEY!!! But still we are taxed to the brink of extinction ( i should know owning two business) The other thing is they are so understaffed they will not want to bother with something like that unless they have someone nearby. Gary i think you should just wear the leather and stud outfit that you wear on saturday nites when you go fishin..and bring the cuffs it make you look "official"....LOL
JOHNNY Laughing
slimecoat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ILMFAO!!! That will definately scare them off the water. Too funny Johnny!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with what everyone is saying, I think its rediculous that we even have to pay for fishing licenses, i think our taxes should pay for the little that it does, but I ALWAYS have my licenses because its gotta be benifitting us somehow, right? I know it goes into stocking and im sure it goes into paying the DEP to do electric fishing so they can publish nice accurate fishing guides and what not. Fishing has been a salvation for me and I pay for multiple states licenses every year and will continue to do so....Until it really get rediculous anyway, im not payin $100.
On twenty-pound test "
ploplopfizzfizz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have no issues paying for a reasonable Hunting /Fishing Lic. if the money was used correctly. The money would need to be put back into the resource, wether it be more DEP officers, man made reefs for fishing, forest preservation.
The money is allocated anywhere but were it needs to. To be honest even if the money were to go to schools for books and teachers I would have no issue but the money goes to stupid things like 300 dollar hammers and 2000 dollar toilets.

I hate the governor and what she has done with her midnight pushing thru of this bill. Many of us have felt more then a squeeze from the economy and its unfair to many of us.

Now with that said if I see some jackoff poaching deer on land that I hunt, I will turn your world upside down Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys its not the DEP, its your senate, their have been meetings at Cabelas with sportsman from all kinds from hunting to fishing, Send a polite letter to the senate, and explain your concerns as most fisherman I know have done, parts of the senate have been to these meetings to hear us out, its still being fought. I dont know why their picking on the sportsmen, I think the money could be made elsewhere as in law enforcement getting more strict on cell phone use while driving(fine double) DWI or DUI (fine double) unregistered or uninsured (fine double) fishing or hunting without a license(fine double) it goes on, but dont blame the DEP its not their fault, their just being told what to do. If you would like info on sending a letter to the senate you can pm me. But guys remember BE NICE. I think this year we are all going to bite the bullet, but next year I think it will hopefully go down. I have a feeling this year you will see more license checks, more than ever. If you people are that upset, get involved in these meetings, write a letter, and just stay involved, BUT REMEMBER. BE NICE !! Being nasty will get you no where fast.
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Youre nuts if you think they are going to lower the fee's next year, or any year, period.

I think we should organize a bobber dipping day!! For opening day, get everyone we can to go out and toss a line tied to a bobber and just sit there.

Wonder if anyone will actualy get a ticket from the DEP.

No officer, im just enjoying the outdoors

Filet and fry!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Rookie, Have you sent a letter or have you been to these meetings?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: