CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: Joining the bucket brigade Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:13 pm    Post subject: Joining the bucket brigade Reply with quote

With the cost of the licenses gone up to 40 bucks, damn straight im gonna eat some fish this year !!!!!! Screw this state

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your only part of the bucket brigade if you dont have a license and still keep 10 bass and 25 sunnys.

Wink

j/k but i know how you feel man...crazyyyyy.
The least they can do is actually help out the Bass fisherman, every fee seems like it goes exclusively toward stocking freakin trout...
slimecoat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm going to start taking the law into my own hands, so to speak, this year. Shocked

If I even think any bucket brigade member or suspicious fisherman is violating any regulation or fishing without a license, I'm going to speed dial the DEP hotline and blow the whistle. Shocked I'm going to flat out ask to see their license, look at their bucket, or stringer of junk fish, ask them if they know what the minimum length limits are on whatever species they have in their buckets, and if they don't know the correct answer, or don't speak english, or refuse, then I know they are guilty. Shocked I am going to walk away or motor away quietly and make a phone call from a remote location and make sure they get pinched. Shocked I'm gonna get my $40 worth this season for sure, we need to police our own guys and gals, because the DEP officers are stretched thin, and the fish need our help. Very Happy

In the past I may have looked the other way, not wanting to get involved. Times have changed my friends, and if we all do our part the violaters will pay our portion of the extra $20 in the years to come (in theory). If we all take a stand of no tolerance, things will get better over time. Very Happy
Forum Police

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by chuckc on Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All!

I'm in "TOTAL AGREEMENT" with everything thats been said -> Except for 1 Exclamation

Happen to know of 2 guys "quite well" who are really down on their luck.
Out of work for over 2 years with families.

I know they're poaching fish and some deer -> BUT that's to "Feed their Families!". They can't afford the ridiculous higher Lic. fees.

When I catch my legal limit, I do give them my fish!
I know its not going to waste Exclamation
Nice guys, great families Exclamation

Because of this situation they're in, "I turn my head and SEE NOTHING Exclamation"

This is the ONLY EXCEPTION I MAKE Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Best regards,
SeaDog1
slimecoat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I would make the same exception.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not buying any Ct licenses this year. I will be doing all my fishing and hunting out of state. I would rather spend time in the car and a lil bit xtra on gas and run over the border to states that actually use the license monies to better the state's resources. This state is robbing us blind and there is not a thing that can be done about it. Ive called and wrote letters for years on many different subjects and got nowhere.
I am done with this state.....................

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i will pay the license like I always do but I am not going to like it. I need to get the salt/fresh water combo which is 50$. This really sucks.

Justin
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been out of work for 2 years now! !!!!!
All i meant by this is, i am keeping fish to eat this year to make up for the cost. Not that i am going to break any laws.

Filet and deep fry, thats what my fishing is about now.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rookie welcome to my world. Kill everything for the table except the almighty Largemouth Bass because they taste like dirt and fight harder (besides smallmouth) than any other fish I persue.
Fishface

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slime, I just have a question what does not speaking English have to do with anything? Thats pretty harsh.
slimecoat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it is harsh, and I mean no disrespect, except to a few who know who they are.

In the past myself and others, in a few different instances, and I believe a few of the stories have been told in the archives on this site, confronted a few latino bucket brigade anglers that spoke and understood english very well when we first started talking to them, then when we started turning the conversation sour and asking "why do you have fish that are too small to keep?" and so on, they responded "we no ablo" "we no ablo" . How convenient.........

All I'm saying is fish by the rules, and take what you are allowed to take, and don't play stupid, nothing more nothing less.

I did not mean to slander any race, creed, or nationality. That is not my way, and I'm not hiding behind my keyboard either, I will back up anything I write face to face, I'm just passionate about some things and not afraid to voice my opinion.

And Rookie, I was not judging you by any means. I don't even know you, I hope your job search pans out soon. This economy has taken it's toll on many people in this state. As a matter of fact, I commend you that even when you are probably struggling financially, you are still willing to do the right thing and purchase the license to fish legally. My hats off to you and anyone else in your position.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slimecoat:

Good Post and good clarification...you are an asset to this forum and I agree with you 100%
slimecoat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the support rbd313.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary, I couldn't have said it any better myself and totally agree with you 100%.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: