CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Tournaments
Viewing Topic: June 5th -- CT River Salmon - ***CANCELLED*** Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
I guess I need to get my own boat. I've been working on my wife about it for a while. We were in Old Montreal for the weekend and took an hour-long Bateau Mouche cruise around the île Sainte-Hélène. While we were watching some private boats cruise around, she asked, "So, how much would you have to spend on a boat?" I said $15,000. She didn't respond. Actually, she didn't say anything or even indicate that she had heard me. But I'm still crossing my fingers, because at least she asked!

Phil - Someone suggested to me that my advice to you was unsolicited and basically none of my business, which it isn't of course. I hope you know it wasn't my purpose to offend...I'm just rooting for you to get a new boat.
BTW, I'm not a professional. My qualifications include: being a chick, being around chicks, and having been married to both the biggest douchebag in the world and his complete opposite. Right now I'm ready to hand over my Discover card so he can spend $4000 on a ticket to the Super Bowl next year (he's a Dallas fan.) He's already booked a 4 day trip to Dallas for early in the season, and I absolutely hate football and the Madden games in the same way he hates fishing. Yes, I get the rules but it's boring to me. Plus I can't take it seriously because they say "penetration" way too much. But, that's hubby's "thing"...he works hard and deserves crap we really can't afford. Maybe he'll go to the Super Bowl, and you'll get a new boat. Sometimes spouses are more easily swayed than you think.
Results may vary.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
PECo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:31 pm    Post subject: Huh? Reply with quote

Kira - I really appreciate your advice. I can't imagine getting offended by any discussions relating to fishing. If I were lucky enough to get a boat, you'd definitely be welcome. The problem is, now I also want a house on West Hill Pond (I'll post a report). And a boat. That's a tall order.

Justin - Thanks for trying. Maybe when everyone else retires, they'll have more time for fishing.

Tournament or not, I'll be fishing this weekend!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: Huh? Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
Kira - I really appreciate your advice. I can't imagine getting offended by any discussions relating to fishing. If I were lucky enough to get a boat, you'd definitely be welcome. The problem is, now I also want a house on West Hill Pond (I'll post a report). And a boat. That's a tall order.

Justin - Thanks for trying. Maybe when everyone else retires, they'll have more time for fishing.

Tournament or not, I'll be fishing this weekend!

Phil - Cool. Smile Boat first, house later...the boat will completely validate the house purchase, but you're likely to end up with neither if you pursue them both at once!

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Tournaments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: