CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Partners
Viewing Topic: Meet and fish??? Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PECo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:42 am    Post subject: I wish. . . Reply with quote

I'd love to join you and try to catch one of those monsters you catch, but I have to drive down to Manhattan on Saturday. I'll meet you one day, asianfisher. For next year's striper season at the latest.

I bought a 5-weight 9-foot fly rod and reel a couple of years ago and haven't used it. I got too distracted by largemouth bass fishing. But I still plan to learn. I have a high school buddy who goes bonefishing with fly tackle every year. I need to learn so I can fly down and hit the water with him.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:13 am    Post subject: No wind this morning! Reply with quote

I know it's getting late, but I'm going to head out to West Hill Pond to finish checking out the shoreline for a few hours. I'll be heading counterclockwise from the ramp. And, SeaDog1, I'll be keeping an eye out for those salmon!

If you can get out there today, get out there!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: No wind this morning! Reply with quote

Lucky you what you going to chinatown... I wanna go eat some food and go shopping... Funny got a couple people thats fam coming down i think this weekend so imma have them pick me up some food and stuff from china town... But yea imma be at derby dam around 4am.... want toi go to CTR but everyone says to far and has church lockin tonight..Blahhhhhh
RobO

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be fishing from the DEP dock at 4am tomorrow. Maybe I will see you Asian. IF you get a chance stop on by or wave if you you end up fishing near there.

Wish me luck. Hope I don't get skunked again.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck went to derby this morning had on 5 before 5am by 6 i was leaving with 2 keepers 39" and a 32"... no camera or phone with camera but they in freezer will try to take a pic before i clean them after nap...........
RobO

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:53 pm    Post subject: Skunked again Reply with quote

Wow. great job Asainfisher. I got skunked again at the docks. We tried everything: eels, chunks, and sandworms. I am losing hope.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Skunked again Reply with quote

They are all around the docks right now just not at the docks which is why kayaks cause they are just out of reach.... I got a beater boat for 1,300 has 120 hp omc inboard outboard if ya didnt want to try kayaking... Anyways went back to derby cause i was back in the area for 10 mins and got 2 more put them back cause got limit this morning. In 10 mins too..
asianfisher

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: Skunked again Reply with quote

Derby did me justice again this morning... Had about hour and half to kill before i had to be back with the girl and daughter... So left me with less than 30 mins to fish.. Got 2 in 10-15 mins again dad got one first cast too but not till i got my 2 first so he was playin catch up...LMAO
RobO

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:29 am    Post subject: Would love to get out there on a boat Reply with quote

Asianfisher, I would love to get out there and catch at least one striper this year. Let me know if you are serious and we can plan to hook up and catch some fish from that boat of yours.

Rob[/quote]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:32 am    Post subject: Re: Would love to get out there on a boat Reply with quote

Sounds good had an issue last weekend and had seatow tow me in for 400 bucks which sucked ass. Starter went bad. will cost me bout 180 to get it and bout and 45 mins to put it in. once i can get the extra loot for it i will do it but as for now i am fishing from kayaks. If you cant fit in one which i doubt you cant i hace also 2 canoes. both are over 14' and one is fiberglass for the ocean... thinking about going saturday morning depends on weather and all tides is looking low so up to you let me know if that will be and option..... launch from CTR DEP dock and will show you great areas if not can show you DERBY from shore.....
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OUCH!

Yeah! That "SeaTow" is expensive!
Friend had his engine blow and "SeaTow" towed him in -> Cost him!

SeaDog1
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always a good feeling when your boat insurance covers towing! Very Happy
asianfisher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

test driving boat before i put it on craigslist.... yea seatow sucks ass...
asianfisher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Headed down to CTR DEP dock 430 am to whoever wants to try to get some stripers... Meeting RobO down there... lemme know oh btw fishing from kayaks...Phil if ya read this you should come too...
PECo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:07 pm    Post subject: Hey, how'd you do? Reply with quote

Post a River Report!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Partners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: