CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Partners
Viewing Topic: Meet and fish??? Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
asianfisher

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 12:56 pm    Post subject: Meet and fish??? Reply with quote

People from here wanna meet and fish someday?
DV

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends were you want to fish and what for and if by yak or shore. I currently don't work a regular job and fish pretty much everyday, normally by myself since all my friends are busy.

I am game to fish anywhere within 30 minutes of East Windsor / Enfield for anything besides trout, unless there is a way to escape the up at 5am thing I despise. .
PECo

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, asianfisher. I got to the parking lot on Wannowmasa Lane in Farmington just in time this morning to watch the DEP fisheries truck back up down the ramp just upstream from the Rails to Trails bridge and unload 100 trout. They said they put some four-pounders in there, but a couple of guys I saw fishing in waders there an hour later said the biggest they saw was only 15 inches. If you want some freshly stocked trout. . . .

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i know when they stock from some insiders in the hatchery and dep friends... Thanks tho... Im heading up more on the river in a few... As for fishing around enfield not to famil with anything around there but CT river... Im from southington. If new haven is to far how far is wallingford from ya? Know a place that has some pigs right now in the shallows... Can someone say top water? Great place....
PECo

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in Avon, so Wallingford is a little bit of a drive. I noticed that you travel quite a bit to fish.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
I'm in Avon, so Wallingford is a little bit of a drive. I noticed that you travel quite a bit to fish.
I do... Alot of places local to me are boring and just not enough for me....lmao plus i like meeting heads..
TurtleKiss

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, who's free tomorrow, 5/26? I'M HAVING CRAZY FISHING WITHDRAWALS! It's been 9 long days (pinched nerve/passing of father-in-law.) Don't think I should be attempting to lift my battery/boat yet (back still hurts) but I don't care. If someone can help me, that would be great. If not, I'm sure I'll at least manage to unload my truck by using gravity and inertia. Forecast is sunny & hot with 5-10mph wind; 30% (100%) chance of isolated T-storms in the afternoon.

Blah, blah, blah...same general driving area/situation as everyone else, but I'll travel outside my radius every 2 weeks or so...a tank of gas needs to take me as many places as possible. I'd like to be on the water before 4 a.m. or after 3 p.m if possible (it will be 92 degrees around 1 p.m.)

Anyone? Upper Moodus maybe?!??

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
anointed130

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am free Saturday Morning, I will drive between 15-20 minutes from Hartford-Windsor area.

Can i be a fisher of fish too?

~Tony~
asianfisher

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Work has been killing my fishing but is needed to not to much complaining going on there. Just picked up a 24' boat so will be checking it out this weekend lower ct river.... Will be bringin the kayaks on the boat tho cause for sure cant get the boat to where i want to go..... looking at friday night to saturday sometime...
PECo

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 7:41 pm    Post subject: Memorial Day Weekend Reply with quote

I'll spend the weekend off the water and envy those of you who will get to fish. It's been a while since I spent four consecutive days without fishing!

Have a fun, safe weekend everybody!

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 11:47 am    Post subject: I would be interested in fishing early Saturday morning. Reply with quote

I am free this Saturday morning to go fishing. I would prefer to go trout fishing but I can be swayed. I would like to stay within a 30 minute drive of Hartford.

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: I would be interested in fishing early Saturday morning. Reply with quote

Robo wish i looked before i went would of brought extra kayak or suttin... Was rough out there today tho... Will be going back to Derby in the morning on Sunday from shore early morning than the housy from my boat in the afternoon... Anyone? up for early morning from shore or kayak?
RobO

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 3:01 pm    Post subject: Thanks Asian Reply with quote

I am not sure my fat ass would even fit into a kayak. The thought "Your gonna need a bigger boat" comes to mind.

I would like to try it someday though. I would hate to slow you down.

I bought a new pair of waders this year and have yet to try them out. Let's go trout fishing.

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks Asian Reply with quote

Been hitting the Farmington hard this year and th e quinnapiac dont know how to spell... some other small places i know too.. i'll let you know drinking time.. Be safe ya'll
asianfisher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:41 am    Post subject: Re: Thanks Asian Reply with quote

Going saturday morning if anyone wants to join got two places in mind from the kayaks of course... CTR or Derby wanna be one water no later than 4am... Any takers? Let me know....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Partners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: