CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: New guy here and a question of concern?? Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Watch out for flying jigs! Reply with quote

RobO wrote:
LMFAO.. Turtle Kiss thanks for the comment about a jig in the forehead. It made me chuckle out loud. I didn't see that one coming. It made my day!

Me too!!! Now Kira is one of many people who I really enjoyed reading their postiings ever since she joined this forum. Not only are her posts very informative and and at times funny but man does she go out alot (maybe every day). But I tell you by reading her postings about the lakes, she kept me up to date on what lake was hot and what wasn't. Kinda miss her postings and humor since she migrated more to Facebook.

Jim
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kira!!!!

We've missed "YOU" and your posts.
Hope all is going well with your art problem.

Ye-Ha! Woman!!!!! Very Happy
I'll remember not to get in your way when your on a roll and PO'd at someone Exclamation
Also stay way out of your casting range! LOL LOL!!!!!!

Best regards,
SeaDog1
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seadog, staying out of her range would be a physical impossibility. Remember she has a trolling motor on that Dinghbat of hers, if need be she will go on high and hunt you down!! Shocked

Jim
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi SJ!

1. Nope! I have a 3 hp British Seagull engine on my Guide Boat so I do think I can out run her electric. Laughing

2. I'm of 100% Polish Heritage so the only vunerable spot on me is the one I always sit on. Exclamation Shocked Very Happy

3. Plan to keep that "LADY" a friend and stay on her Christmas card list!! LOL Wink

SeaDog1
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL!! Good idea. Very Happy
weekend angler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Negativity is a cancer, kindly check out some other sites, this isn't the Bass Master Classic
Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm, one post then he split. Hey old friend, you should contact the ct dep and tell them to keep the anglers guide a secret that way no one will know that lakes exist in ct. All lakes change on a daily basis, you can fish the same lake every day for the rest of your life and I guarantee the pattern will change daily.

Justin
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin, how much you wanna bet that he did not totally disappear. He will be lurking on here full knowing that this site is a vast wealth of information but unless he gets the right frame of mind will not contribute one bit! Sad

Jim
meanjean

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow my second day in this site, and the input and info is unbelivable. Old Friend stick around, I think we can all learn something here.
OldeFriend

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeez take some time to go fishing and you guys jump all over an old man.
Been trout fishing many small streams and no i won't tell you where.
I will give you this though, I have also been fishing a pond in northwest CT with very clean water, cold springs and 3lb - 5lb blue gill using a 7wt bamboo fly rod, I prefer small balsa poppers twitched on the surface. Darker evenings require a dark green with yellow tail. Other wise yellow or white poppers work.
Nothing working the surface, then it's an 8wt with a sinking tip line. Fly of choice is a small deer hair blue gill imitation. That will catch you anything from large mouth bass to lake trout if you have the patience to let it sink deep. Once the fly is down, slow twitches during a slow troll. For lake trout, you need to find a cold spring.
In shallower water, clouser minnows or deceivers work, olive over white, stripped 3 - 6 inch tugs.
Olde
Bluegill Terminator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LAKE TROUT were at Old Man?
PECo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OldeFriend

I understand your point of view. I don't agree with it, but I understand it. I guess I'm just not as competitive as you. I don't mind fishing from the back of the boat or behind others. While I'd love to fish totally unpressured lakes and rivers, I also realize that most lakes and rivers belong, thankfully, to all of us. Well, at least those of us who buy fishing licenses. Shocked

Anyway, welcome to the site and I hope to run into you on the water sometime. And I mean that like Gandhi would mean it, not like Al Pacino would mean it, Fredo. Very Happy

Phil

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Phil!

OUCH!
Love your last line to "OldeFriend" Exclamation

Yeah! That Lake, River, Stream, and Pond X thing is total Bull S_ _ T Exclamation
That's why I left 2 other fishing forums just because many others just have to -> Ooooooooh! Keep things a 'Big Secret!".

Hell! -> There wouldn't be any fishing shows on TV if the Pros did that!
Even "Fishing Guides" will tell you Where, When, and How!

I'm 62 and always love to share my fishing knowledge with others -> Especially younger fishermen!
"OldFriend" has a choice -> REALLY BE an "Old Friend" and member of this wondeful forum -> OR - OR -> REMAIN a "Fuddy Duddy OLD F_ _ T!"

Oh! And just as an after thought to all you "LURKERS" out there -> "GROW UP Exclamation"

Best regards,
SeaDog
OldeFriend

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeaDog1,
It's people with attitude and mind sets like you that make this a scary world to live in. You sound pissed off at society for some reason, hot headed and probably drive with road rage.
That my friend will not get you what you want in life.

PECo, yep maybe we will cross paths or lines someday.

I may be and old cumedgren,
Stubborn in my ways,
Head full of knowledge I'll take to my grave,
Those close to my heart,
Will have my maps and treasures when I depart.

Olde
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OldeFriend wrote:
SeaDog1,
It's people with attitude and mind sets like you that make this a scary world to live in. You sound pissed off at society for some reason, hot headed and probably drive with road rage.
That my friend will not get you what you want in life.

PECo, yep maybe we will cross paths or lines someday.

I may be and old cumedgren,
Stubborn in my ways,
Head full of knowledge I'll take to my grave,
Those close to my heart,
Will have my maps and treasures when I depart.

Olde

Hi OldFriend!

Oh! My -My - My!
Did I put a burr under your saddle Question Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

1st of all I'm a professional Sea Captain (You know the Big SHIPS). Which means I have a Class A1 personallity.

2. As learned, I keep 1 car lenght for every 10 mph of speed for safety and stopping reaction, and let the Idiot road demons and road hogs pass by -> Not worth my blood pressure!

3. Mama raised 3 boys to be Gentlemen 1st and formost and Yes! -> I do open doors and pull out chairs for Ladies! This was long before Uncle Sam made me "Officer and a Gentleman".

4.Grudge against the world Question NOPE! 62 and semi-retired and working on my Bucket List which includes giving Politicians, Beaurcrats, and Fuddy Duddies like you -> Acid Reflux and High Blood Pressure. "WITH A BIG SMILE!!!!!!" Very Happy

5. Been around the world 3 1/2 times in 34 years. Seen and wounded in War, seen unbelivable poverty, and have tried in some small way to help those in need.
Delivered 2 babies (different times) crossing the Atlantic.
Oct. 1991 -> (As Captain) got caught in the Perfect Storm off Cape Cod and rode out 75-80 ft. seas and brought ship and crew home safetly to Norfolk, Va.

6. I fully and totally belive that a man should always keep his word and remain loyal to family and friends.

I could go on -> But I think your getting the picture!

As for you!
KEEP YOUR SECRETS Exclamation (I really don't care!)
You walked into a Hornets Nest with your very 1st post on this forum.
Even the forum administrator told you we don't do Lake X here!
THAT! And what posts you have read from the members of this forum should have registered in your head that we are very open and DO NOT hold back ANY information.

Take all the knowledge, you say you have in your head, to the grave -> IT WON'T BE MISSED Exclamation
Oh! And remember -> You can't take your Maps and Treasures to the grave either!

You say your an old cumedgren and stubborn in your ways.
NAH! You are the "CLASSIC, dyed in the wool, OLD FUDDY DUDDY "Exclamation
(Please -> Someone shoot me if I ever get like you!)

OK! I've had my rebutal to your comments and That's the end of this!
I will not make anymore posts to you till you learn to respect this forum, its policies, and its members!

My very best regards, Very Happy
SeaDog1
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: