CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: New PB CT Keeper 12/3 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks dude Reply with quote

sonamcobain wrote:
fishfinder wrote:
There a lot of strippers in Ct. Especially in the night clubs after dark! LOL Are you fishing the rivers up there? That's where they will be now as smaller bass winter in there and the big girls go south for the main part. You'll find a few big girls here and there occasionally though.

My girlfriend lives in ct so i usually fish there when ever i visit her. Could you enlighten me where would be some possible spots where we can park our car and fish nearby without running into the law.

Thank you dude for the info

I love fishing. You put that line in the water and you don't know what's on the other end. Your imagination is under there.

Sounds like you aren't prepared for the law and will get in trouble if you run into them. CT fishing license? Following regs?
fishfinder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really, over by where I fish the police patrol the area pretty tight!

and standing on the shore like an idiot!
sonamcobain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: Thanks dude Reply with quote

Hi Michael, what i meant was some area they don't you trespass or stay after some point of the night. Etc. I do have new york state license and it is legal to fish in ct waters with NY license.

thank you !

Michael wrote:
sonamcobain wrote:
fishfinder wrote:
There a lot of strippers in Ct. Especially in the night clubs after dark! LOL Are you fishing the rivers up there? That's where they will be now as smaller bass winter in there and the big girls go south for the main part. You'll find a few big girls here and there occasionally though.

My girlfriend lives in ct so i usually fish there when ever i visit her. Could you enlighten me where would be some possible spots where we can park our car and fish nearby without running into the law.

I love fishing. You put that line in the water and you don't know what's on the other end. Your imagination is under there.

Sounds like you aren't prepared for the law and will get in trouble if you run into them. CT fishing license? Following regs?
Michael

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks dude Reply with quote

sonamcobain wrote:
Hi Michael, what i meant was some area they don't you trespass or stay after some point of the night. Etc. I do have new york state license and it is legal to fish in ct waters with NY license.

thank you !

Michael wrote:
sonamcobain wrote:
fishfinder wrote:

Now I understand
sonamcobain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: New PB CT Keeper 12/3 Reply with quote

Hi mike do you think Peinfield reef is acessible right now and what are my chances right now n what kind of fish ? Since u happen to fish arround there a lot.

quote="Michael"]Member fivestring (Josh) and I hit the Housy around 7pm Monday. Tide was going out at the time.

Josh started off by throwing n SP Minnow. I started with a purple black chrome Max Rap MXR-15.

Within a few casts I got a number of hits and lost a fish. Pretty soon I landed a 20" schoolie.

As I stuck with the purple black chrome Max Rap I was getting lots of action. Josh switched over to a purple black Red Fin which gave him 3 hits and lost a keeper. He also threw a darker mackerel colored SP Minnow which landed him a 27" striper. 2 fish I lost on the MXR-15 felt like keepers.

Things slowed down with the Max Rap after landing close 10 stripers up to 27" so I switched over to a pearl grey shiner Flat Rap FLR-16.

After about 5 casts with 1 hit, I had a hit. Fish on but lost it right away. Kept reeling the lure in without any difference and fish on again. This one took 3 short runs on me and was tugging. Josh grabbed it for me as I got it in and it was a 30 1/2" 11 1/2 pound keeper. New PB CT keeper for me.

Josh got a couple of other hits and lost 1 with the SP Minnow and I landed a short 16" schoolie with the Flat Rap.

For our last half hour or so before calling it a night, I switched over to the purple black chrome Max Rap and landed another 2, lost 1, and had a number of hits.

We hit the road around 9pm.

30 1/2" 11 1/2 pound striper on a Rapala Flat Rap 16cm

Josh landed 1 which was 27". He lost about 5 and had about 5 hits. He stuck with the SP Minnow and Red Fin.

I landed 2, lost 1, and had about 5 hits with the Flat Rap FLR-16. Landed over 10, lost close to 10, and had close to 20 hits with the Max Rap MXR-15. Rapala was the trick![/quote]
sonamcobain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: New PB CT Keeper 12/3 Reply with quote

Hi mike do you think Peinfield reef is acessible right now and what are my chances right now n what kind of fish ? Since u happen to fish arround there a lot.

quote="Michael"]Member fivestring (Josh) and I hit the Housy around 7pm Monday. Tide was going out at the time.

Josh started off by throwing n SP Minnow. I started with a purple black chrome Max Rap MXR-15.

Within a few casts I got a number of hits and lost a fish. Pretty soon I landed a 20" schoolie.

As I stuck with the purple black chrome Max Rap I was getting lots of action. Josh switched over to a purple black Red Fin which gave him 3 hits and lost a keeper. He also threw a darker mackerel colored SP Minnow which landed him a 27" striper. 2 fish I lost on the MXR-15 felt like keepers.

Things slowed down with the Max Rap after landing close 10 stripers up to 27" so I switched over to a pearl grey shiner Flat Rap FLR-16.

After about 5 casts with 1 hit, I had a hit. Fish on but lost it right away. Kept reeling the lure in without any difference and fish on again. This one took 3 short runs on me and was tugging. Josh grabbed it for me as I got it in and it was a 30 1/2" 11 1/2 pound keeper. New PB CT keeper for me.

Josh got a couple of other hits and lost 1 with the SP Minnow and I landed a short 16" schoolie with the Flat Rap.

For our last half hour or so before calling it a night, I switched over to the purple black chrome Max Rap and landed another 2, lost 1, and had a number of hits.

We hit the road around 9pm.

30 1/2" 11 1/2 pound striper on a Rapala Flat Rap 16cm

Josh landed 1 which was 27". He lost about 5 and had about 5 hits. He stuck with the SP Minnow and Red Fin.

I landed 2, lost 1, and had about 5 hits with the Flat Rap FLR-16. Landed over 10, lost close to 10, and had close to 20 hits with the Max Rap MXR-15. Rapala was the trick![/quote]
GKolyagin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doubt there's much access to Penfield right now. Couple of members been out there but get ready to walk a long distance.
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GKolyagin wrote:
Doubt there's much access to Penfield right now. Couple of members been out there but get ready to walk a long distance.

Genna gave you the answer SC.

The Town of Fairfield, like other shoreline towns and cities, hasn't done much cleaning from all the coastal flooding Sandy produced so you're in for a mile walk.

As for action, I recently saw the Bridgeport Harbor buoy read 46 degree water surface temp so you might have a chance at getting some stripers while slowly bouncing something on the bottom. Surf fishing out in the Sound vs lower tidal rivers is different as of now as for lures.
Crest Daddy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or you may get real lucky and run into some pigs smashing herring. Heard many stories of days past.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crest Daddy wrote:
Or you may get real lucky and run into some pigs smashing herring. Heard many stories of days past.

Oh talking of herring, Looks like it has already begun here in nyc, i See ppl going after them at coney island. it gets a lil crowded but not my type of fishing.

what i find is crazy is thank god its not only me who thinks of fishing day and nite. lol!

Cant wait till spring hits again
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: