CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: New PB CT Keeper 12/3 Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: New PB CT Keeper 12/3 Reply with quote

Member fivestring (Josh) and I hit the Housy around 7pm Monday. Tide was going out at the time.

Josh started off by throwing n SP Minnow. I started with a purple black chrome Max Rap MXR-15.

Within a few casts I got a number of hits and lost a fish. Pretty soon I landed a 20" schoolie.

As I stuck with the purple black chrome Max Rap I was getting lots of action. Josh switched over to a purple black Red Fin which gave him 3 hits and lost a keeper. He also threw a darker mackerel colored SP Minnow which landed him a 27" striper. 2 fish I lost on the MXR-15 felt like keepers.

Things slowed down with the Max Rap after landing close 10 stripers up to 27" so I switched over to a pearl grey shiner Flat Rap FLR-16.

After about 5 casts with 1 hit, I had a hit. Fish on but lost it right away. Kept reeling the lure in without any difference and fish on again. This one took 3 short runs on me and was tugging. Josh grabbed it for me as I got it in and it was a 30 1/2" 11 1/2 pound keeper. New PB CT keeper for me.

Josh got a couple of other hits and lost 1 with the SP Minnow and I landed a short 16" schoolie with the Flat Rap.

For our last half hour or so before calling it a night, I switched over to the purple black chrome Max Rap and landed another 2, lost 1, and had a number of hits.

We hit the road around 9pm.

30 1/2" 11 1/2 pound striper on a Rapala Flat Rap 16cm

Josh landed 1 which was 27". He lost about 5 and had about 5 hits. He stuck with the SP Minnow and Red Fin.

I landed 2, lost 1, and had about 5 hits with the Flat Rap FLR-16. Landed over 10, lost close to 10, and had close to 20 hits with the Max Rap MXR-15. Rapala was the trick!

Last edited by Michael on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total
GKolyagin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats! and you just HAD to complain about how jealous you were I was catching schoolies! And look at you getting a pb. Hoping I catch a keeper this year(27 days left!!!)
Michael

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rapala outdid the SP Minnow Genna!
GKolyagin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got rapalas too, but lately been trying to commit to one lure mostly vs switching more then fishing I did in the past.
fivestring

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good fishing with you, Michael. Congrats on a new PB for CT waters. I will have to get some of those Rapalas you have. They obviously work! It was a fun evening on the water, albeit frustrating to not have nearly the action you did.
fishfinder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SP Minnow is killing em. That being said I'm sure the fish are tired of looking at them. Its all about the timing and spot as I didn't want to post it the other day but I caught 57 fish in a little over 2 hours using an SP and a bucktail. I also came pretty close to that number the other night with sea duck. But its really hit or miss. Sometimes your right on top of them and literally every cast is a fish cot an hour or more or like last night the first 4 casts are fish and then nothing for an hour. Nice fish Michael!

and standing on the shore like an idiot!
fishfinder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SP Minnow is killing em. That being said I'm sure the fish are tired of looking at them. Its all about the timing and spot as I didn't want to post it the other day but I caught 57 fish in a little over 2 hours using an SP and a bucktail. I also came pretty close to that number the other night with sea duck. But its really hit or miss. Sometimes your right on top of them and literally every cast is a fish for an hour or more or like last night the first 4 casts are fish and then nothing for an hour. Nice fish Michael!

Last edited by fishfinder on Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
GKolyagin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grr you guys lol making me very jelly Embarassed
Crest Daddy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bait in there this time of year is usually small shad. Same size as a Rapala. Good Job Michael...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="GKolyagin"]Grr you guys lol making me very jelly Embarassed[/quote

You have to put in more time!

GKolyagin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="fishfinder"]
GKolyagin wrote:
Grr you guys lol making me very jelly Embarassed[/quote

You have to put in more time!

might end up being single if i go out more then 4 times a week for 4-6 hrs haha. Just have to get better at going later vs going when the sun is still up until a bit past dark. Like i told you, i have a problem with going early and leaving early :/. going out tonight again.
fivestring

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta get your wife a job at night, like mine. Laughing
GKolyagin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha i wish, but the girlfriend is going to college and working during the day. but i already told her tonight, i wont be home until late and that's final.
Crest Daddy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you keep that thing?
Confused

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GKolyagin wrote:
haha i wish, but the girlfriend is going to college and working during the day. but i already told her tonight, i wont be home until late and that's final.

Haha. My ringtone for my wife is Brad Paisley's "I'm Going to Miss Her." She doesn't always find it amusing.

Link

Weekly reports from around CT, the LIS and beyond.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: