CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » New Member Section
Viewing Topic: How Did you hear about CTFishTalk.com? Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How Did you hear about CTFishTalk.com?
Google
52%
 52%  [ 88 ]
Friend
15%
 15%  [ 26 ]
Another Forum
8%
 8%  [ 15 ]
Word Of Mouth
7%
 7%  [ 12 ]
Other
16%
 16%  [ 27 ]
Total Votes : 168

Jasonkf1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:25 am    Post subject: How I found out about the site. Reply with quote

I was looking for some alternate fishing spots to what I have hunted down myself through the internet, driving around w/ the GPS zoomed out, and people I've spoken to. I found the link to this forum on http://www.aa-fishing.com/ct/ It's a nice little site doesn't provide abundance of information but does give nice overviews. I'm some what new to CT, moving here a month or to over a year now. I used to live on Long Island fishing many of the lakes and streams there, going out on the sound here and there. I have found some decent areas for Large & Small Mouth, Crappie, and a nice chunck of trout spots. I am often finding in my attempts to find new spots 8 times out of 10 i'm standing in front of private property and respectfully look for another spot. I'm hoping to possibly pick up a couple spots, some tips, and possibly entry to one/some of these small tournaments I've read about skimming through some threads. I typically fish fresh water by spinner, sometimes I take the fly rod out, salt water not as much being I have no boat here and do not know many good off shore spots.
regl
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Jason,

Where in CT are you? How far do you care to travel for good fishing. I'm sure our members here can recommend some good fishing spots for you.

Reggie
Greeny76

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Senkobandit is my hubby
RobO

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 10:38 am    Post subject: A great web site. Reply with quote

I found it while doing a search for Striper info on Google. I am so glad i accidently found this site.

Last edited by RobO on Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Drew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking at some senko links and this site popped up. Glad i found it.
freezinmybassoff

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i heard about this site from curly while ice fishing on black pond in meridan.
fishinguy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stumbled across it while on google looking for ice fishing info.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:51 pm    Post subject: I'm back Reply with quote

Hey anglers, I have returned to the site from which I learned how to bass fish. I have been following and reading posts for the last couple years, but never really felt the need to interact.
I first heard about this site from a member named slimecoat. He is also a bass fisherman and was always helpful regarding tips and making me feel welcome.
FishingEnthusiast

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 10:36 pm    Post subject: Google Reply with quote

I heard about this by searching on Google. I've been looking for a good Connecticut fish talk forum for a while and I think I've found it.
hila2006

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually found this site thru another Ct fishing website. The wife and I are moving from North Central Mass to the Bristol Ct area in a month or so. I belong to New England Sportsman here and this site seems a lot like it. Looking forward to some good topics, as well as any small bass clubs that might be in the Wolcott/Bristol area.
Thanks
timmacsweeney

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:50 am    Post subject: Eels below Stevenson Dam Reply with quote

I found CTFishTalk trying to find out when (and if) american silver eels still migrate to the sea - and just when that is. I've heard on the new moon in the fall, but don't know what month. I wonder if anyone fishing below the Stevenson Dam has seen "evidence of eels," in the past few days after the new moon on Wednesday.
Fisherman100

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Love this site Reply with quote

Found this site using google while searching for fishing reports, decided to click on it, saw this automatically knew i like it signed up, and here i am now socializing with fishermen world wide, man i said woah this is sweet i can now get tips from people. I love this site. Oh forgot to intro my self im LR all type sport fisherman and welcome new comers!
Facebook.com/LorenzoNReyes
fishjay

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: New member Reply with quote

I am new to Connecticut fish talk.I found this site by googling fishing sites and Bass fishing. I read some of the posts and found a lot of information pertains to my area.

I live in Pomfret, Connecticut and I fish mostly local ponds. Black pond,Halls pond Mashapaug Lake ,Mansfield Hollow, Thompson Dam,Quaddick Lake, and Webster Lake and occasionally Quabbin in MA.

I do some fly fishing but mostly spinning and baitcasting.

I am retired and hope to spend a fair amount of time outside fishing, hunting and hiking.

I fish today at Hall's Pond with the Sea Eagle kayak. Caught 1 pickerel about 16" on a 5" rapala jerkbait. However a great afternoon on the pond.
Michael

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard about this site from another site member Mikeyinstfd. He an I are good fishing buddies.

I have found this site to be a friendly and peaceful site that concentrates on fishing most of the time without any sort of harassment and silly joking.
Elixir

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google'ing up fishing reports and saw this and another site but this one was free so i decided to look at what was going on and it looked to be good and signed up and it turned out GREAT!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> New Member Section All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: