CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: How to rig swimbaits?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
artis

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:00 am    Post subject: How to rig swimbaits? Reply with quote

I know it's a little early so I'm not going to be using them for a while, but does anyone have any experience rigging swimbaits like "Luck ''E'' Strike Bass Magic Swimbaits" (see below link for basspro webpage link)?

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10151&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&partNumber=98283&hvarTarget=search&cmCat=SearchResults

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
brennan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weighted owner 5/0 hook with screwlock.....Weight to the belly side, texas rigged or skin hooked to the back....

The package has instructions on them....
B
artis

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks B. I bought an imitation version at Dick's and there are no rigging instructions.

I appreciate the help.
brennan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

most places are sold out of the weighted hooks, but I found some at Dicks a few weeks back...BPS backordered them on me a month ago.

You can also use a weighted 5/0 EWG w/o the screwlock.

Good luck

B
Ryan G.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: rigging Reply with quote

When you rig them with the weighted hook don't run the entire hook through the bait like you normally would for a texas rig. The weight thats on the hook with tear up your bait when you bring it through the plastic because of it size. Instead just run the hook about an inch down poke it through then pull the hook out of the bait, turn it around and insert the eye of the hook through the hole you just made. Your bait will run better and last longer.
artis

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip. I'll bet that will prevent me from ruining an expensive bait!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: