CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Lower CT River 5/12
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Just4fun

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Lower CT River 5/12 Reply with quote

Hit the river out of Saybrook for a few hours in the afternoon\evening in search of stripers . I'm pretty new to this and am still trying to figure things out,..but today I had a little luck for a change. I launched and headed North towards Essex. I began by trolling a tube&worm rig along the channel break and got a few taps but they kept stealing my worm without hooking up. Finally after I had fed them most of my worms, I reversed directions and got my first fish that went about 15", after that I looped around to make another pass over the same area and picked up another slightly smaller fish. After the two small fish, I broke out the casting gear. Got a couple of swipes on a Houdini shad without a hookup so I switched to a Bomber jerkbait and got a small handfull of fish in the 20-25" range. After that bite on top slowed, I switched to a swimbait and got a couple more before I lost them entirely. Except for the first couple of dinks,..the rest looked pretty much like this one!No keepers yet,..but for me it was a pretty good day!Smile

admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the report. Nice Job!

Just one more cast...
chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice day to be on the water. Becareful on the Salt water. I don't want you converting to the DARKSIDE. Mr. Green
Just4fun

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 9:15 am    Post subject: nope Reply with quote

chuckc wrote:
Nice day to be on the water. Becareful on the Salt water. I don't want you converting to the DARKSIDE. Mr. Green

No need to worry, this is just the river,..my boat isn't going in the salt and neither are my magnesium reels! Wink
LargeFry

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! A little north of there I had one smash my houdini, only to come off at the boat. They are definatly in a playfull mood, now if I could only get their smaller cousins to come out and be as playful. Laughing
stumpy

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark what are you doing with those striped things??? Question nice job
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: