CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Boat Repair, Electronics, and Motor Help
Viewing Topic: BEWARE OFF SEASON GAS ADDITIVES!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmorjoe

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:42 am    Post subject: BEWARE OFF SEASON GAS ADDITIVES! Reply with quote

Unless I am the most unlucky guy in the world I have a message for those who use gas stabalizers. I sent my 9 year old tractor to Ansonia lawnmower (this guy has serviced everything I own for the last 10 or so years. ) The glitch this year was I used startron instead of stabil over the winter. My tractor started and ran for about a minute and then nothing; cranked till the battery died. The problem according to my mechanic was the fuel lines had turned to jelly. He had to blow out the lines; change the filter which was totally pluged and work on the carb. His reccomendation use what I have used for years and throw the new stuff away. LIKE I SAID THIS WAS MY EXPERIENCE maybe you guys will be more lucky than I was. cmorjoe
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to hear about your troubles and you are correct make sure your fuel stabilizer works with ethanol as some do not..

Justin
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads-up Joe. Still using Stabil and looks like I will be sticking to that.
dave_376

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to hear about your misfortune. Are you absolutely sure it was the additive? There have been reports that the ethanol in the new gas destroys part on boat and vehicles from a chemical reaction. most common in offshore boats....gas tanks falling apart and fuel lines melting. this began immediately after the govt made the switch to e10.
again i an truly sorry for your misfortune however i don't think it was the startron. I know that since I've switched All of my motors have been running much better than ever before.
FYI stabil has reenginered their additive to be similar to startron as the old formula was ineffective with ethinal
cmorjoe

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: I REALLY DON'T KNOW Reply with quote

All I can say is what the guy who services all my power equipment (I did use it in my G3 last winter and so far no ill effects) told me he wouldn't use it again. cmorjoe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Boat Repair, Electronics, and Motor Help All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: