CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: Pre-mother's day "fishing"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bassarama

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject: Pre-mother's day "fishing" Reply with quote

Launched in Norwalk and headed straight to Port Jefferson for the first salt water long trip. Flat seas provided a comfortable 30 mph cruise.

Got there and joint the array of boats drifting the point really close to the beach. Tried different depth marks with nothing to grab my squid/sandworm combo, none of the 20 or so boats were catching either.

This area seemed very popular because many other boats came form other locations; I guessed they were also looking for better results…

The East wind became uncomfortable at times which made the trip to CT more fun! Laughing
On the way back to Norwalk I was determined to stop at some the old grounds and and kick the frigging skunk out of the boat, Rolling Eyes a couple of cast after and the wife had a small schoolie, I settled for some large bunker, these things were aggressive nailing a small plastic “finess” lure. I could fill the boat with 12” bunker, that’s how thick they were.

Great day to be on the water “fishing” with the wife. Smile

Joe

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess you needed for Maria to get the skunk out of Fishballz. Next time you'll hit 'em hard.
Brian

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bunker were nailing small plastics??
bassarama

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah they were, there was a school of bunker swiming around the boat so I figured I tried soft baits for schoolies swimming under...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: