CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Lower CT River Stripers 5/9
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Just4fun

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 4:45 am    Post subject: Lower CT River Stripers 5/9 Reply with quote

It was such a beautiful day ( Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes ) that I decided to hit the river for a while. Launched out of Saybrook and it was pouring with a pretty good wind blowing so I really didn't feel like making a high speed run upriver anywhere. Decided to fish my way south along the shoreline there, spending most of my time around the mouth of that river that leads back into Lyme (I think it's called the Lieutenant River..) Anyway I had a few boils but no bites on various lures until I got onto a chartreuse-white stick-bait (It's an 8-9" Bomber but I don't know the name..). I got 5 into the boat,..biggest was 25". Tried some other baits and was getting hit a bunch on a pearl Houdini that I dipped the tail of in Chartreuse dye,...but I couldn't quite seem to get the timing right on my hooksets. Then finally I slammed it into a big one and it was really putting a bend in the Heavy swimbait rod that I was using before it went "PING" and my line came flying back! Istarted to grumble about another one shaking off until I saw that it had actually broke that humongous hook that comes with 9" Houdini's!! Shocked Shocked
I was too cold and wet by that time to bother tying on another,..so I just called it a day and headed in! Pretty fun despite the weather and it was the first time I had really ventured that far down towards the mouth of the river,..so I was glad that I was able to find some action! Cool
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nive job Mark. Would have loved to seen the one that snapped your hook!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: